Dynadot

GD Value Used To Sell Domain For First Time!

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I have noticed that for some of my lower quality names, GD values them higher than I would normally.

I had a direct inquiry this morning for a 3 word, .com name. I answered the inquiry with a price and pointed out that the domain is at GD and that they appraise it at 1.2k. I told him I would take $500.

We'll see if the appraisals can help in some cases.

Anybody else used this yet to help sell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good post, going to watch thread for sure (y)

•••
Gonna give it a whirl on a few names and see if it helps sell them.

•••
I might try this when i get an enquiry :)

•••
haha I've thought about doing the same thing! Update us on the results of your experiment.

•••
This method is only going to grow for domain in the xxx - low xxxx sales range

Average Joe could care less about Estibot and feels "What is this a scam?". But they know Godaddy and it's a valuable way to quickly let people know that "Ill give you $50" approach is not going to work.

But like anything with negotiations, need to use it at the right time.

•••
This method is only going to grow for domain in the xxx - low xxxx sales range

Average Joe could care less about Estibot and feels "What is this a scam?". But they know Godaddy and it's a valuable way to quickly let people know that "Ill give you $50" approach is not going to work.

But like anything with negotiations, need to use it at the right time.

Yep that's my intent, on the lower valued names that I may not be renewing anyway. If it works then I'll keep trying it. (y)

•••
For domains that are showing $x,xxx value on GD, and I don't think are very special, I hope GD credibility will help.

I have lots of names that I might take less than the appraised value from GD.

•••
What about the other way around? If you had a name and a buyer came to you and said "GoDaddy appraise it lower", would it become more difficult to sell at the price you want?

•••
I agree that GoDaddy GoValue (assuming free access remains, and that it keeps getting better) will have a huge impact (mainly positive) on selling domains. I feel it will be useful not only in showing a third party they have heard from supports the price you are asking, but also in some cases there are very useful comparator sales that are not in Namebio.

Estibot are clearly working hard on meeting the competition (I noticed the other day that when I was using the new Estibot beta that it showed me some low value comparator sales from the day before!).

Let us know what the response, if any, is. I seem to recall someone posted already on NPs about it helping to get a good price in a domain discussion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back