NameSilo

domains Gaming.xyz website coming soon page, metaverse related.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Not much info can be found about the buyer of gaming.xyz, their WHOIS is private, but the company "slogan" is "investing in the metaverse".

gamingxyz.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry that the deal fell through @JudgeMind I’ve had 6 figure deals fall through myself and its horrible when it happens, you go to bed one night thinking it’s in the bag and wake up finding out you have no sale at all.

I'm not sure if you going public with the sale was a reason why they pulled out of the deal, but i would reflect on this if i was you and question doing something like this again in the future (especially as it was a payment plan).

1) Majority of companies/buyers don't like deals going public.
2) You going public might have gave this company the chance to read comments on the sale, saw a few a people surprised at the amount they was paying and made them question if they are doing the right thing or not.

Last edited:
•••
I have nothing against healthy skepticism about the .xyz extension and sales. I think a few reasonable questions are being asked, but too many baseless assertions and accusations are being thrown around — like this one here.

@narbuq , First you anchored your claim of the sale being fake on a not-so-subtle insinuation that there was no buyer (“buyer”, as you put it) … Then you shifted the weight of your claim to the seller reporting the sale before all installments were received.

Implying that there was no buyer is an attack on the seller’s integrity. If you’re going to do that, you need to back it up with actual proof and be ready to receive similar treatment at some point.

Buyers bailing after paying one or more installments isn’t strange; it’s a common occurrence that happens with ALL extensions. And it’s why some sellers don’t allow installments or only allow short spreads. Should the seller have waited till all installments were received before sharing the news? Yes, it’s always best to. Still, it’s not like the seller reported this sale to NB or DNJ, they shared it on their own social media page (as is their prerogative). Others circulated it and people understandably congratulated them for it.

Based on available details, this was a failed sale — not a “fake” one. There's a world of difference between failed and fake.

•••
Looks like a squadhelp parking page.
Thanks for sharing this domain industry news

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back