IT.COM

.com Gambling-Law-US.com sold for $57,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Picorio

Established Member
Impact
NameBio today's selling report is featuring a top seller domain: gambling-law-us.com. According to the report, such domain was sold at GoDaddy for $57,000.
Lesson learned: When it comes to domain names, the sky is the limit!
congratulations to both parties - seller and buyer!

" Keep up the good domaining"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What am I missing here? I've appraised a lot of domains and this one is worth less than the cost of registration (the appraisal sites agree with me on this). The only way a domain like this sells for more than a few hundred bucks (let alone $50,000) is if a money-wasting government is involved (and possibly some kickbacks). If this transaction is being reported correctly, then I would LOVE (in fact I would PAY) to hear an explanation from the buyer as to why they paid $50,000+ for this particular domain. Very suspicious, and very aggravating if the buyer was indeed the US Government. Someone needs to investigate and write an article about this one.

•••
So, I just registered the following 3 domains for $8 each...

• gambling-law-us.info
• gambling-laws-us.com
• us-gambling-laws.com

If the buyer is interested, I'm willing to sell this package for only $40,000.

•••
So, I just registered the following 3 domains for $8 each...

• gambling-law-us.info
• gambling-laws-us.com
• us-gambling-laws.com

If the buyer is interested, I'm willing to sell this package for only $40,000.
After reading your previous post, u seem like someone who contradicts himself, that being said good luck with selling ur newly registered domains as the one they were looking for has been taken already.

P.s dont you think before buying the domain they didn't check the ones you just bought?

•••
•••
•••
What am I missing here? I've appraised a lot of domains and this one is worth less than the cost of registration (the appraisal sites agree with me on this). The only way a domain like this sells for more than a few hundred bucks (let alone $50,000) is if a money-wasting government is involved (and possibly some kickbacks). If this transaction is being reported correctly, then I would LOVE (in fact I would PAY) to hear an explanation from the buyer as to why they paid $50,000+ for this particular domain. Very suspicious, and very aggravating if the buyer was indeed the US Government. Someone needs to investigate and write an article about this one.

Your comment shows that you have an awful lot still to learn.

The domain sold for the high amount due to the SEO value of the domain. It has great DA, PA and backlink profile from authoritive websites.

•••
•••
After reading your previous post, u seem like someone who contradicts himself, that being said good luck with selling ur newly registered domains as the one they were looking for has been taken already.

P.s dont you think before buying the domain they didn't check the ones you just bought?

Soliciting a $40,000 offer from the buyer for 3 newly registered domains was obviously sarcasm. The point was that the domain in question is worthless except for its existing backlinks... that's the extent of this domain's commercial value, so good luck monetizing it enough to recoup a $50k+ investment.

•••
Your comment shows that you have an awful lot still to learn.

The domain sold for the high amount due to the SEO value of the domain. It has great DA, PA and backlink profile from authoritive websites.

If those DA/PA/link metrics are so important, they why aren't they factored into the automated domain appraisals by GoDaddy, Estibot, and others?.. They all say this domain is worthless.

•••
If those DA/PA/link metrics are so important, they why aren't they factored into the automated domain appraisals by GoDaddy, Estibot, and others?.. They all say this domain is worthless.
It is a good question and I hope someone with inside knowledge will reply. There are sites that evaluate websites that I presume would have valued it high. But you are right if backlinks from high authority sites result in a domain name being sold for much more it seems logical that should factor into a domain appraisal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back