Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.mobi Gambling is ON again

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

mejcdj

Established Member
Impact
23
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
nice read...there's no doubt in my mind that iternet gambling in the US will come someday...they just want the big casinos to get the action first I'm sure...


.
 
0
•••
It is here. Sites are bringing back the US accounts tomorrow. If you are a gambler, and had accounts closed, watch your email. I bet you hear from them this week.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Medjcdj

What sites are bringing back online gambling to the States? I did not see any news about that. Sure it would be great news, but it may take decades to do that. Depends on who we let run the government. As long as those who are in power today have the reins, I don't see it changing soon.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
It is starting with bingo and poker sites.. I have friends who run several gaming sites from overseas.. they announced it yesterday.
"european court issued last night a law that is protecting us to run the buisiness"

I would like to mention, these men are all lawyers as well, so they are not going to risk anything.
 
0
•••
very interesting indeed...I will have to go check my .mobi list :)
 
0
•••
Medjcdj,

Thanks, it sounds promising, I will keep watching this post for concrete evidence. Boy, if this is true it will make a lot of domainers happy!
 
0
•••
I dont think it was ever off, you can go to sportsbook.com and bet on anything you want right now.
 
0
•••
the US govt is only acting up because their slice of the gambling pie is small or nil. good news it seems.

the US govt is only acting up because their slice of the gambling pie is small or nil. good news it seems.
 
0
•••
Thanks for the great news. I knew that the ban on gambling couldn't last long
 
0
•••
0
•••
I have never understood the logic behind not allowing for internet gambling here in the U.S.. The Indiana, the government promotes powerball, megaball, daily 4, daily 3, hoosier lottery, some combo thingy, etc. You can go into every single convenience store and buy up to sixteen different scratch off tickets, which can pay as little as $1 or up to $500,000.

I mean, WTF, why don't they run their own freakin' state run online casino, if they are so worried about protecting citizens from criminal sites. After all, they cannot argue the moral issue since the government is already the leading gambling related gaming house in the U.S..
 
0
•••
RogueWriter said:
I have never understood the logic behind not allowing for internet gambling here in the U.S.. .....I mean, WTF, why don't they run their own freakin' state run online casino, if they are so worried about protecting citizens from criminal sites. After all, they cannot argue the moral issue since the government is already the leading gambling related gaming house in the U.S..
I think it has nothing to do with morals and everything to do with taxes. They were loosing billions of dollars in tax revenue to foreign gambling sites. Once they figure out how to regulate and tax it, then I believe they will legalize online gambling. It's all about the money.
 
0
•••
RogueWriter said:
I have never understood the logic behind not allowing for internet gambling here in the U.S.. The Indiana, the government promotes powerball, megaball, daily 4, daily 3, hoosier lottery, some combo thingy, etc. You can go into every single convenience store and buy up to sixteen different scratch off tickets, which can pay as little as $1 or up to $500,000.

I mean, WTF, why don't they run their own freakin' state run online casino, if they are so worried about protecting citizens from criminal sites. After all, they cannot argue the moral issue since the government is already the leading gambling related gaming house in the U.S..
You make persuasive points. I believe some states even sell their lottery tickets online. There is no distinction between state run lotteries and other forms of gaming. So the hypocrisy of double standards is evident to everyone.

North Carolina fought the lottery for years while hundreds of millions were spent on surrounding state lotteries (Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee). The North Carolina lottery launched last year.
 
0
•••
Big difference between a State allowing lotteries.

They make millions from that every few months, ( hundreds of millions actually). But that in no way means they are going to be easily persuaded to allow the nasty, dirty, low life gambling that includes the most evil of all gambling, (playing poker) online.

No sir, they won't like that and they will come on board only after a big fight and possibly they will have to be pulled to the bargaining table by their hair.

Don't think for a minute it will be a easy slam dunk deal. Why?

The reason lotteries are accepted is Christian Americans see no sin invlolved in buying the lotteries. Most church going folks buy lotteries in their state and see that as o.k. At the same time they talk of the evil nature of gambling, which to them is poker and betting. I know and you know there is no difference between gambling by way of playing poker or gambling when a chance is taken thru buying a lottery ticket.

I mean no offense to Christians. I am just stating what I see. I have many relatives who are so against playing poker for money and want the government to make it illegal. But all those relatives buy lottery tickets. To me thats hypocritcal, but thats the way it is folks.

The government with its ties to the Christian right will not open up online gambling without a drag out knock out fight. They do not want to be found as going against their supporters. Maybe with a new administration. But lots of things can change with a new administration.

Untill then online gambling will be looked at by middle America as sin. Thats what they label it today. Honey, did you buy the lottery tickets today? No, I was going to but I stopped by Church today to sign a petition to block those whiskey drinking, cigar smokin dirty gamblers from going on the internet and promoting their sins.
 
0
•••
Good to hear...I've got a slew of gambling names and was making $2,000+/mo in revenue from them, which dropped to $700/mo after the bill was passed in October. It's funny because recently I've been trying to build it back up again with non-gambling domains and have, so hopefully the gambling will be back to high payouts and I'll be in hog heaven!
 
0
•••
yikes...at least it doesnt bother you :p :gl:


Untill then online gambling will be looked at by middle America as sin. Thats what they label it today. Honey, did you buy the lottery tickets today? No, I was going to but I stopped by Church today to sign a petition to block those whiskey drinking, cigar smokin dirty gamblers from going on the internet and promoting their sins
 
0
•••
I am stating just some opinions that what I have seen is the real pressure in the first place to get the gambling laws on the books came from groups who thought America was going down a dark road by way of online gambling and those groups influence many lawmakers.

Because the rest of the world does not like the fact that some countries are allowing some form of gambling, but do not allow gambling online and that hurts their bottom line is not a slam dunk for getting our pay per clicks back.

It brings attention to the hypocrital nature of these laws, but changes in most cases can take a very long time. For instance the newest study done has proven alcohol does the biggest damage to society. More harm is done than even meth, and other drugs the study says. The study proves marijuana use is not harmful and compared to all the problems caused society from alcohol, pot is more of a benefit to society than harmful.

Do I think all the elected officals will now get on board and pass laws to make its use legal?

Ha-Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Good points above. To further illustrate how complex social issues can be, there is a "dry county" just adjacent to the one I live in. A person cannot buy a beer there. No alcohol of any kind is sold. Imagine that county's view on online gambling ... but they do sell lottery tickets.

Kind of related is the pretty explicit stuff you see on regular TV now. 20 years ago it would have caused a massive uproar. Standards do keep lowering and there should be a stopping point somewhere.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back