Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.mobi Gambling is ON again

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

mejcdj

Established Member
Impact
23
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Carlton,

that is very strange, almost a prohibition. I will bet many from that county go to the next county and make their beverage purchases. So the people who allow it are making extra money from the uptight county.

I know what you mean about tv. But at the same time, society actually was rebelling by having flings, wife swapping parties and just gereral cheating by partners all across the board. That where the term " 50% of newly married couples are getting divorced" came from.

Whats needed for alcohol abuse is more education for young people and for bars to get a little stricker when they see a person who has had enough, to stop pouring them drinks. Many, many lives would be saved if bar owners cut folks off when they start having too many.
 
0
•••
You cant play poker online but you can see "Celebrity Poker" at Sony Entertainment Television... just ridiculous...
 
0
•••
shopperx said:
You cant play poker online but you can see "Celebrity Poker" at Sony Entertainment Television... just ridiculous...
I live in the US. We have all types of gambling going on. Show after show promoting poker, blackjack, the lottery, you name it. It is unfortunate and just plain wrong for our govt. to outlaw online gambling.

I understand that they want to tax it, there is alot of money at stake. What I dont understand is why they dont just let people play until they figure out a good tax system. Obviously the masses want it and that should be enough to make it legal. I see it being legalized sooner that later(cross my fingers).

keithmt
 
0
•••
keithmt said:
What I dont understand is why they dont just let people play until they figure out a good tax system.

I'll take a stab at it. Well funded lobbyists from the domestic gaming industry and campaign donations.

Steven Wynn and friends, and the Indian Gaming folks who are now rolling in cash do not want foreign competitors taking their domestic customers.

Actually, I am surprised that the Indian Gaming folks haven't moved to exploit online gambling. I'm pretty sure their treaties from long ago have no language regarding the internet. You could fund your account at the local Indian casino, gamble your heart away at home and if you actually won something you go back to the local Indian casino to pick up your money.
 
0
•••
scandiman said:
I'll take a stab at it. Well funded lobbyists from the domestic gaming industry and campaign donations.

Steven Wynn and friends, and the Indian Gaming folks who are now rolling in cash do not want foreign competitors taking their domestic customers.

Actually, I am surprised that the Indian Gaming folks haven't moved to exploit online gambling. I'm pretty sure their treaties from long ago have no language regarding the internet. You could fund your account at the local Indian casino, gamble your heart away at home and if you actually won something you go back to the local Indian casino to pick up your money.

Interesting idea, I bet they have not thought of that one yet or they would do it.
 
0
•••
Yeah,

life is very unfair for commerce at times. I mean if the Indian tribes get special treatment and they are allowed to use the internet for online gambling and normal business groups cannot I think congress will have lost its ability to reason.

Who remembers ever seeing or reading in history books that Indians sat aound playing poker. What right would they have over any other ethic group in America to have a special right in that regard. The treaty we have with them is for a certain amount of use to natural resources, they need to sustain themselves, ie.. trees, fish, foraging for berries.

Five card stud is a term I don't think they understood a couple hundred years ago.

But Americans are so used to taking from industry groups that own certain markets and giving to those who have no fundamental expertise that no understanding of the ramifications are in place.

Sure they have a right to certain resources. I don't think the internet is one of them.
 
0
•••
goodkarmaco said:
Yeah,

life is very unfair for commerce at times. I mean if the Indian tribes get special treatment and they are allowed to use the internet for online gambling and normal business groups cannot I think congress will have lost its ability to reason.

Who remembers ever seeing or reading in history books that Indians sat aound playing poker. What right would they have over any other ethic group in America to have a special right in that regard. The treaty we have with them is for a certain amount of use to natural resources, they need to sustain themselves, ie.. trees, fish, foraging for berries.

Five card stud is a term I don't think they understood a couple hundred years ago.

But Americans are so used to taking from industry groups that own certain markets and giving to those who have no fundamental expertise that no understanding of the ramifications are in place.

Sure they have a right to certain resources. I don't think the internet is one of them.
I guess it all depends where you draw the line on sovereignty. We'll be wrestling with that issue for many more moons to come.
 
0
•••
I don't think it is about that. Its about what the U.S government said they would provide for the Indians when they signed that treaty. Thats why about 20 years ago Judge Bolt handed down the shocking new law regarding dividing up the salmon catch in Washington State.

The reason the judge gave one half of all fish caught in Wa. State waters to Indians was he interpreted the treaty signed that they were entitled to the resources that they were accustomed to before we "took" their land away.

Saying or implying they have a right to industries that are in no way connected to natural resources, means every product or service produced in this country they then would have a right to ownership or partial ownership of that endeavor.

The treaty did not mean that they should receive more than they had or were used to having. It is for replacing what was taken. I don't think corporations like Micros-ft or any large corporation would become giants and be an asset to humankind if they had to give half of everything produced to a special interest group.

I also think the many fine Indian tribes in this country have to much pride to be like that. What they really want is what is fair.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back