IT.COM

Future Pricing of .EU Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

I was wundering as I was reserving .EU domains on Lycos today, what these domains are actually likely to be worth in the future.

Are .EU domains likely to be more popular than .US domains?

Will 3 letter .EU domains actually be worth any substancial ammount of money?

Also, When will the be releasing the domains for the huge mobs of other domain name addicts?

How much will they cost

There are so many unanswered questions about these domains, just waiting to be answered!

;) Jibby

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please don't pre-reg with Lycos, they are a scam.

•••
Lol if we could look into the future we would all be rich ;)

.eu will (in my eyes), be big but how much and what, nobody knows. I have reserved a few names.

There are a few .eu threads now to read, may give you more of an idea ;)

•••
Please don't pre-reg with Lycos, they are a scam
what are you talking about?

in my opinion .eu will be more popular than .us(enstict)
it will be sure get you some $ if you buy a 3letter .eu but sure if it's word like domainers.eu and such things

•••
monRa said:
what are you talking about?

in my opinion .eu will be more popular than .us(enstict)
it will be sure get you some $ if you buy a 3letter .eu but sure if it's word like domainers.eu and such things

No I think the member was trying to say

yes by all means register.eu but not with lycos :blink:

•••
What's wrong with lycos?

•••
I still don't get, i thought lycos was a big company! right? They are nop scam

•••
yah, i thought lycos was a big company?A big company wouldnt scam people, or they would have no business

•••
Colin Behr said:
Please don't pre-reg with Lycos, they are a scam.

I too would like to know why you think Lycos is a scam, as far as I have seen they are one of the only ones that don't ask for money up front and only take 1 pre-reg per name unlike the likes of Pool.

Yes, they are not accredited yet but there does,nt seem to be any reason why the won't be.

Please explain why they are a scam

•••
Netnames only take 1 reg per domain :wave:

erm.... .US isnt even popular in europe. Not many people have heard of it. Its not even available easily in europe.

.EU will be big given time. It wont be a hit over night but its cetainly worth getting them

•••
I have heard many dodgy things about Lycos. They are not accredited which means you probably won't get any domains. Also, I have heard of many people who "Pre-Regg'ed" over 100 domains with them, only to have their account cancelled. I have also heard reports that Lycos will keep the domains themselfs....

•••
well, you have more european countrys then us..

•••
100 domains with them, only to have their account cancelled
i have more than 400 in them!

•••
Colin Behr said:
I have heard many dodgy things about Lycos. They are not accredited which means you probably won't get any domains. Also, I have heard of many people who "Pre-Regg'ed" over 100 domains with them, only to have their account cancelled. I have also heard reports that Lycos will keep the domains themselfs....

Thanks for your explination, I have about 300 pre-reserved and no problems with account yet, could it be that the cancelled accounts were of Non European customers ?

They are not accredited as of yet but there's still time (I hope !)
Anyway, at least I have'nt paid anything out - just time !

Thanks for the input

•••
i think that scams are all the companies you need to pay and then if you don't get the domain you get 50% or 30% back of your money, thats a SCAM!

•••
monRa said:
i think that scams are all the companies you need to pay and then if you don't get the domain you get 50% or 30% back of your money, thats a SCAM!

FOR SURE ! - Rip off, image how many hundreds of people have so called pre-reged for the same name with the same company and paid up front for it !!!

Not only are they making a fortune in interest holding all that money for months on end but then - "you don't get the domain you get 50% or 30% back of your money"

•••
When .BIZ was launched, over 7,000 good names were cancelled by the registry Neulevel for violating 'rules'. I hear the people behind .EU are royal humbags.

•••
mole said:
When .BIZ was launched, over 7,000 good names were cancelled by the registry Neulevel for violating 'rules'. I hear the people behind .EU are royal humbags.

Yep, If you have cicumvented the reg criteria and they catch you they will cancel your names. :gl:

Caveat Emptor B-)

•••
noswad said:
Netnames only take 1 reg per domain :wave:
where do I find tfhis?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back