IT.COM

Funny thing happened today...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
we opened up some traffic to our site(since we moved to this new server) and sucked up over 60% of the servers memory... and this is supposed to be a hosting company recommended by the members of this forum

I am glad I left a door open with my old host so we can go back ! :xf.love:

I really don't understand why these kids try to run a business?

So I sent the host an email regarding the slow server and his reply was "your sites are too load intensive (flash)" .... what would you do? call his parents and tell him his company can't deliver :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think he may have made the right response, what are the specs of this server, anyways?

•••
I don't see what kind of server can use up so much RAM by a flash presentation, that's BS

•••
hmmm what is the link to his sites anyways? lets see how "intensive" it looks... :lol:

•••
I don't apreciate that you making fun of kids who are running web hosting companies. I am 14 and I own a quite sucessful free web hosting company. I have seen adults who are alot less professional then the person you are reffering to here and you are making fun of this person because he can't deliever yet I bet you wouldn't do a thing if an adult said that to you.

•••
Keep it up hotrod12. The earlier you get in business the more you lear and more sucessful you will be. I know there are hundreds of young hosting business owners out there and some I tell you are bringing in the money. Like hotrod12 if he keeps up and dont give up. He will be big as some companies out there.

Keep up the good work hotrod12 and good luck and much sucess.

•••
Thanks Productive and I am lucky enough that I am able to bring in money with adsense so I can support my web hosting company plus some other ventures but it is a fun hobby too and it can help greatly in my future career.

•••
"own a quite sucessful free web hosting company"

anything that is free is usually successful since no one has to pay.

Just my opinion

•••
Well most hosts close very soon after they open and/or have terrible features, support, or requirements that you must meet.

•••
hotrod12 said:
I don't apreciate that you making fun of kids who are running web hosting companies. I am 14 and I own a quite sucessful free web hosting company. I have seen adults who are alot less professional then the person you are reffering to here and you are making fun of this person because he can't deliever yet I bet you wouldn't do a thing if an adult said that to you.

Exactly, we'll most likely be 10 times better than those adults who are currently running webhosting companies when we become adults ourselves. Never underestimate. Kids are the key to the future ;)

:lol:

jaydons said:
"own a quite sucessful free web hosting company"

anything that is free is usually successful since no one has to pay.

Just my opinion

Actually, you are wrong. Since it's easier to get clients because it's "free" you will have alot of people to take care of and provide support to. As the months go by, more and more clients start pouring in and it becomes even harder to become "successful" because you aren't really making a whole lot of money and those who succeed in the free hosting business are the ones that don't give up and don't think "Man.. I'm not making out of this.. I might as well just close this whole thing down". It goes the same for paid webhosts but I believe it's much easier to become successful because you are actually getting paid for your services..

•••
I believe that those free clients, are the future reference's of his business. By providing that service he can turn those free hosts to paid. Not only for hosting but it can be for anything that he may offer his members.

1. they know him
2. they trust him
3. they like his service

That right there will be his future reference for anything, business loans, web traffic that creates his site value, his domain anme that will become known and profitable, and finaly business knowledge, Now in the futue 10 years from now what he will be what 24 making money and the whole net will reconize his business because he has been in business for 10 to 12 years.

good luck

•••
Ok guys, nothing wrong there If you're young and operating a hosting business. Since you are knowledgeable about that, and know what you doing anyway.

•••
I think food consult mean
"if they were adults, with an estabilished company may be it is possibl eto sue them or anyway there is a way to call them to assume their responsibilities, but with a minor what to do if not ask to his parents? The problem with doing business with minors is not about their age, or skill or their good will , it is just because they have any legal reference.
Furthermore another factor to consider it is related with something called self responsibility , at 14 or so the perception of the reality it is not complete, one have still a lot of things to see and a lot of experiences to do in order to have a quite large view of the life .
It is also true that many people never reach this level even when they are adults, but this is kind another problem, it regrd mental lacks...IMHO
BTW I think there will no problem if a minor run a business and clearly states he is minor, along a presentation of himself so that other can consider the opportunity to deal with him even if he is a minor, by not doing that it is like make others to believe a thing that it is not true. IMHO
(We all have been minor once)

•••
Giving away Free WebHosting Space and then hoping it will lead to Paid Sites
Bah Humbug never work. You will go broke, Doom & Gloom will descend on your business
BU*****T
That is exactly the Business model that NetFirms and Yahoo use for their Very successful hosting businesses.
HotRod12 ,Go for it, You have the right idea. Plus Age is not a date on the calendar,it is a state of mind. There are people on these boards ,who are three times older than you, but not as mature . I say any 13-17yr who has the drive to start and run a business is a better person than any never try anything person regardless of their age.

Last edited:
•••
I couldn't agree with you more, Barefoottech :)

•••
Age is not a date on the calendar,it is a state of mind
true!
But wait, this topicis not about if one person is reliable if he is a minor...
I argue the topic is about what to do (by the point of view of the customer) if a minor run a business and he is not able to provide the customer the service they purchased, just two solutions: just forget about it (but that to me seem not be a right solution, or contact theyr parents...embarassing situation thought...)

If it is not matter of age at all why not 12 or 10 or 9 or 5? Can you answer that? (I am not make polemic with this but just curious to know your point of view.)

•••
Yes It is about business ethics and Practices,which have nothing to do with
Age. There are kids of 10 that have them and old Fogey's that don't
As for how old is old enough. when they are old enough to have the talent and/ or skill for the task. Any criteria based on age is flawed severely. Why should being an idiot and 50 years old be regarded as better than being a genius and only 7years old.

FYI I have been both during my 50 years. :?

Last edited:
•••
I toally agree.
WHy shuld being an idiot and 50 years old be regarded as better than being a genius and only 7years old.
hehehe, to me it is because similar reward similar,
No wonder then why a lot of idiots are in command position and a lot of unknow talented if not genious are laying around.

•••
vip-ip said:
I don't see what kind of server can use up so much RAM by a flash presentation, that's BS

Well I have to assume that this server is %*%$

It takes way to long to connect via FTP to any of the sites, just everything takes too long....

Here is a pic for you all to see, I snapped it when there was NO traffic on any of our sites.

Barefoottech said:
Yes It is about business ethics and Practices,which have nothing to do with
Age. There are kids of 10 that have them and old Fogey's that don't
As for how old is old enough. when they are old enough to have the talent and/ or skill for the task. Any criteria based on age is flawed severely. Why should being an idiot and 50 years old be regarded as better than being a genius and only 7years old.

FYI I have been both during my 50 years. :?

Age has a lot to do with Maturity and DELIVERING WHAT YOU PROMISE... as you grow older and wiser you realize that young people always Over promise and under deliver....

hotrod12 said:

No one is making fun of them!!! As a matter of fact I support young people in business. However, don't forget when you can not handle business and you ruin my business I have to take the law in my hand and hold you to your contract... if you are 14 and conducting business that means Suing your parents :)
((Don't forget this is a Legal Corporation we are running here, not a company out of your parents house(your bedroom) ))

Step back and look at the situation before you take anything personally young man! You can learn a lot from this thread.

•••
I thought about getting into it for a few days, but I require too much time in real life to do such a crazy thing. :hehe:

I've had plenty of good experiences with people under 18. I agree that the age does make you reconsider though. Good luck with your new--err old host.

•••
•••
Hey!
Hmm i don't know where you got that. I never said flash was slowing the server down it was a proxy script That was badly configured.
But there's no way a flash presentation can slow down the server.
The sites are loading fine on my end.

•••
well I guess they must have a special service in Canada that boost load up time... Look at the other post I made where we tested to see how many people on the board can load up the site >>>> most replied it took way too long...

Script or not... I am not responsible for administration your server :'( , YOU need to stay on top of your work or out source it to someone else when you are not around. >:(

This is all part of making me as a customer happy!! :) we have what 30 sites up now and they all have to be moved back... that costs money, would you like to pay for that? I can send it to you once the job is done? I didn't think so, by the way that will be in US dollars not Canadian (just kidding)

By the way all the site are loading slow right now . . . :?

•••
Im getting a very slow load time.

I dont like to release my age too publicly sometimes as it does. . Put people off you but im not over 18, and i have and run several pretty successful business and have a nice income :)

personnaly i wish the best of luck to anyone in the business old or youg, as long as they go asbout it the right ways

•••
•••
Back