IT.COM

interviews Full Video - Emoji Domains on Vice on HBO

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The emoji portion of the video starts at the 19:00 minute mark.

@Media Branding -- responding to your comment about McDonalds.com being mentioned at minute mark 20:28. Just wondering if you're aware of the history of the domain, and how it was first registered by a NewsDay.com employee?

Wired.com article: HERE
upload_2017-12-8_14-14-6.png

Two years later, CNET.com published an article HERE, which says the original Mcdonalds.com registrant Joshua Quittner, sold the domain, and donated the proceeds to charity.

upload_2017-12-8_14-25-48.png

Last edited:
•••
Wow @Grilled
You are absolutely correct!

Thank you for posting this link. I really dont remember reading this story before. That story is unreal. The Wild Wild West of the Internet. I had no idea true huge Companies were registering their own competitors domains back then in 1994.

I guess someone could have registered McDonalds.com and said it was for the plural being posessive surname McDonalds since there are many with that surname. Funny thing is, this guy was truly registering it in very bad TM stealing intentions and clearly admits that.

So, in my earlier post on his blog I guess I stand corrected since that is what a bad guy did. He wasnt really a domainer just a guy who heard about domains and did a bad guy TM thing. Seems like a common story of most who enter domaining in the beginning and act immediately without reading/thinking.

Very interesting article though. Thanks again Grilled

•••
Intereting article and video.
Emoji's can become the future.

•••
I hope you get some sales from being on HBO. Good job on the video interview. (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back