Domain Empire

.mobi From Slashdot: ICANN Approves .MOBI...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Cpyder writes "ICANN has decided to go forward with the implementation of two new top level domains, namely .mobi (for mobile use, sponsored by Nokia and T-Mobile) and .jobs (for job sites). The ICANN Board meetings regarding the approval are available. It is not yet known when these domains will be available for registration, as this decision merely starts the technical and business negotiations for terms under which these domains will be registered. Normally the domains should become active somewhere next year. Several other new TLDs are still up for discussion. These include .asia, .mail, .tel and .xxx. Last October, ICANN approved .travel and .post. More on these new TLDs at PCWorld and Google News."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.job sure look better than .jobs! And .mobi...hm....sounds like baby language! I don't like it either...they're better off without it. The .asia, .xxx & .mail looks interesting. Are we able to browse these extensions with normal IE or do we need some sort of special plug-ins?

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:
.job sure look better than .jobs! And .mobi...hm....sounds like baby language! I don't like it either...they're better off without it. The .asia, .xxx & .mail looks interesting. Are we able to browse these extensions with normal IE or do we need some sort of special plug-ins?

Flora.

like .com, nothing special

•••
•••
ICANN, are they whacked or what? post & jobs? What about coop as a TLD? I'm sorry but these are some of the dumbest TLD's I ever heard of. If I had the cash I would have application in tomorrow for some really good TLD's. XXX, for example would be a good TLD because I am not a fan of those sites and there are millions of them. How many post or job sites can there be, millions? Why not use the .com tld for those? ICANN is not thinking clearly. POST as a TLD? ohh my goodness, someone needs to stop the madness, Aero, is another. Please shoot me now. LOL. I hope they get a grib on this. Mobi may have some use but POST, PLEASE.

•••
•••
Why no 1 digit TLD such as .E :D

•••
:bingo:

MOBICELLULAR.NET
MOBIMUSIC.NET
MOBIBUSINESS.COM
MOBIEXCHANGE.COM
MOBISALES.NET
MOBIDIRECTORY.COM

Last edited:
•••
A couple of new ones
E-MOBI.COM
I-MOBI.INFO

Last edited:
•••
Nice!

Grrilla said:
:bingo:

MOBICELLULAR.NET
MOBIMUSIC.NET
MOBIBUSINESS.COM
MOBIEXCHANGE.COM
MOBISALES.NET
MOBIDIRECTORY.COM

•••
dgridley said:
construction.jobs, landscaping.jobs, high-paying.jobs, etc..

blow .jobs, hand .jobs, greatblow .jobs, greathand .jobs... :D

•••
•••
Does this kind of stuff really belong here? >:(

davezan said:
blow .jobs, hand .jobs, greatblow .jobs, greathand .jobs... :D

•••
You can buy .mp (mobile phone) now :D :D :D

mobidick.com indeed.

•••
mole said:
You can buy .mp (mobile phone) now :D :D :D

mobidick.com indeed.

Not only cell phones, all mobilability devices are welcome :d

•••
mobidick.com
Tx moli, ROFLASTD, and just having my first cup of coffee.
Is molism regged?
Somebody help me now. I caught the .cc bug that has been going around, but I've got the "mobi strain".
Just regged "MobiGillis.tv"

HaHa. Actually, did pass on that one, which really upsets, (and dates), me.

However, (call it an addiction), felt compelled to reg:
MobiVoip.com, (In the middle of writing this post)
MobiOne.net, (was in the wings)- TM? dunno.
MobiSecurity.com

Among others, that due to sheer volume, am embarrassed to list. :guilty:

[Addendum]-> MobiVOIP.com?
Now that was stupid. Should've finished that cup of coffee, first.

LOL now I get it. Wasn't a misspell, after all.

Last edited:
•••
Gee, I hope OP was correct. I can see the headlines now:
"Grrilla Foiled Again! SlashDot Retracts Announcement!"
There were several red faces today over at SlashDot, as Managing Editor, U.R. Skrude, admitted to the little internet prank that a staff member pulled in an article that was included in yesterday's edition. ICANN approved the new gtld, however the ext will be .mbl and not .mobi, as was speculated...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back