IT.COM

strategy From Name to Fame

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
While I haven't registered the domain FromNametoFame.com, I think I may after this post. While I'm not even close to being your traditional domainer, I am a serious serial entrepreneur who has started, operated and yes NAMED dozens of businesses since college in 1968.

Just yesterday I got a federal tax id#, formed an LLC, and purchased a business license for 9Time, for which I own the domain 9Time.co and other supporting domains like Heavenly9.com, HappyHour9, AfterSchool9, AfterWork9 and Sunset9.

I know I've read on some of domain brokers websites, "What's in a Name?" to which the answer is, "Everything", bringing me to 9Time:xf.smile: for which I already have some pretty cool logo work done using a golf ball and a golf tee.

To cut to the chase, 9Time has the potential to revolutionize golf (see RevolutionizeGolf.com) for both the 60M golfers in the world, and the over 7 billion non golfers.

To be clear, not all businesses start with a name but this one did after hearing about he Play 9 initiative started by the USGA.

Now for the decision to buy the domain FromNametoFame.com? Not sure I will, but I do see where GD sold the domain FromRagstoRiches.com for $26,000 in 2012. Maybe if I do purchase the domain it will put more pressure on me to make 9Time famous....try to guess what I'll do:xf.wink:

Anyone else have a name to fame story?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds interesting. Im an avid golfer myself. Could you elaborate a little on the concept of 9time?

•••
Sounds interesting. Im an avid golfer myself. Could you elaborate a little on the concept of 9time?
Sure....if you Google "Why is golf dying?" or "Why is golf failing?", you'll see dozens of articles why golf is a dying sport. The three main reasons it's dying is; 1. it takes too long 2. it's too expensive and 3. it's too hard and frustrating for the "average" person.

Time™ overcomes all three of these hurdles. It takes 1/2 the time, it's 1/2 the price, and we've made it easier and more fun. The business model calls to attract a million players/golfers at an annual membership/subscription fee of $99 annually or 9.99 per month.

Thanks for inquiring, and if you're interested in learning more just send me a PM.....FORE!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back