IT.COM

sales From Handshakin' to Handshaking - A not so costly upgrade

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It's domain rebranding time for the founder of Handshakin' who moved his solo brand to the domain name Handshaking.com - the GoDaddy sale was "expensive" according to Matt Holmes, IMO the price was low to fair. He's now singing about the money he had to spend, in a new video, where the price is revealed. :)

Read more details. <<

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
$7.8k? Should i say the buyer got it quite good?

•••
•••
The perfect name is handshake.com

-ing names typically are 1/100 of the base version, like go.com vs going.com or stay.com vs staying.com.

So, I'd say handshaking.com at $7.8K is not cheap. Also, "handshaking" has a negative connotation to it as well, like having shaky hands...

•••
Nice detailed blog post, I would call the price fair at best.

That is a weird article coming from a domain investor. How can he expect his clients to pay him end user prices when he is ranting that GD is asking above the auto appraisal?!! Or he needed to be sold on traffic and other attributes of the domain, while he already said in the beginning that his sale staff wasted lots of time trying to explain their company name over the phone. That should have been enough of a reason. Just calculated the cost of time wasted, the cost of lost % of sales conversion via phone and online, then divide that by the rate of your dollar's opportunity cost. Meaning, if you expect to make 10% on your $1 every year, and money waste from not having the name was $2000 a year, then the name is worth $2000/10% = $20,000. There, I just gave him the reason to believe he's got himself a bargain...

PS note that in one post I said that the price was not cheap, in the other that the buyer got a bargain. And ... there is no contradiction. First post is general market value of the name, the second one is the worth of the name to specific guy. The latter can always be multiple of the worth to another business that still has a choice and alternatives.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back