Domain Empire

strategy From Freelancing to a Start-Up – Protecting Your Brand Name

NameSilo
Watch
brand-development-tips2.png
It’s easy to lose track of things when you’re self-employed, freelancing, or a new entrepreneur. However, there is going to come a time in your business when you need to expand more, take it more serious, and step into the realm of new start-up companies. When doing this, it’s essential that you have all your ducks in a row before rolling out the red carpet (Especially on a local brick-n-mortar level). It should be noted that most online businesses also need special licensing, permits, tax documents, etc.
Every state/city/county in the U.S. can vary slightly on these, so be sure you do your research (Example: For me, since I’m in Texas, I started my research here: Texas Secretary of State). The business attorney you consult with can more than likely point you exactly where to go for your area.
To learn more about Trademarks, search for existing registered trademarks, filing procedures, and cost, I recommend you go straight to the Government source at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO / TESS) to do a knock out search. For those not in the U.S., check with your local government and everyone should consult with an IP/TM attorney...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back