Dynadot

Freename.io, what is this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I saw an add at Facebook about Freename.io offering domains just like Unstopable Domains.

How these kind of domains work, the future, and the regulations?

https://freename.io/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regulation? Not much. They're handy for payments, than copying / pasting long receiving addresses every time. Probably the main utility of them at this point, if you're in crypto

Never heard of "Free Name", can't even find them on Google. To say "free" is a little deceiving

Last edited:
•••
i never see any of these things in use lol

•••
Regulation? Not much. They're handy for payments, than copying / pasting long receiving addresses every time. Probably the main utility of them at this point, if you're in crypto

Never heard of "Free Name", can't even find them on Google. To say "free" is a little deceiving
Shakehands domains and domains for Crypto are offered. But who regulate of ownership, everyone can sell domains like these and no control about what can be sold. This FreeNane.io for the example. Let's say I bought a domain lol.shibainu from an unregulated registrar, I guest another unregulated registrar can sell the same domain name to others. Who control the right of the dot available to be offered?

•••
Stay away from it. Seems bogus.

I just put in a random domain off a TLD that I own, and it comes up as $9k. LOL, you can literally reg it for less than $15 at Porkbun, Namecheap, or Encirca.

Looks like they will take your domain, register it themselves and then resell to you for thousands.

Who control the right of the dot available to be offered?
Right of the dot is controlled by the registrar, the actual TLD is owned by the user that owns it. The owner loses control for a time once it is submitted and accepted by a registrar, but gain a percentage of profits from every SLD sold on it.

•••
Freename is providing web3 Domains and TLDs.

You can register a web3 TLD and list for sale Domain names on your TLD. You'll get 50% royalties on every sale of domains under your TLD.

Web3 domains are getting popular. Binance CEO and big people are start talking about Web3 domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back