Dynadot

Free private Whois?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is any FREE place/website/organization that will willingly let you put their address/name/etc. information in so that you can let yours be private?

I know some registrars allow you to, but that's NOT what I'm asking. I am on a registrar that doesn't sllow free private whois, so I was wondering if there is any organization or website or something will allow you to use theirs.

Thanks,
Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DNOA :)

Check it out, you can click the button at the bottom of this post

its integrated with NP also :)

•••
Iravan said:
DNOA :)

Check it out, you can click the button at the bottom of this post

its integrated with NP also :)
I thought you had to pay a small yearly fee though? (Not that I'd mind the $7.00 or whatever it is, but I guess I could as a last resort. My budget has been tight lately because I'm putting most of my money towards renewing domains and trafering to a host that is literally about 20 times more expensive than my current one because my current one can't do the job anymore.)

But do you know of any completely free ones by any chance?
Like I said, I'll go with DNOA as a last resort.

•••
You can also transfer your domain to a registrar which offers free whois protection such as RegisterFly or NameCheap. You will of cause have to pay a transfer fee but your domain will as well get a 1 year extension.

•••
AndyM3 said:
I'm putting most of my money towards renewing domains

In that case, I guess you might want to transfer your domains to GoDaddy... They offer free whois if you transfer or register 3 or more than 3 domains at a time.. and with GoDaddy's coupons, you might end up saving even more ......

In the long run though, the DNOA option is a better one ...

•••
godaddy have free privacy for every 3 newly regged domains though ..

•••
I'm on GoDaddy and have been since 2003 actually. ;)
Strange thing is, in February I registered three domains at the same time there but never got free whois on them. I suppose it was because I missed some minor little "check this box if you want..." deal that I thought was part of their many ads.

But transfering to another registrar would be too costly when I can just sign up on DNOA for a year and get whois privacy that way.

But I mean, other than DNOA - there is no place that will let you use their address for your whois?

•••
To get the free whois protection at GoDaddy will you need to add the free whois to your shopping cart just as if you wanted to buy them when you register 3 or more domains.

•••
Thank you Fancube.
Any more input?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back