NameSilo

Free image hosting profits?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was wondering where the revenue/profits are made from a free image hosting service?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course - otherwise they wouldn't exist! I've seen image hosting sites making $1000+/month, some probably more. Any site that gets visitors, and has well place, targeted ads, will make money. And with hosting so cheap nowadays, it's not like that will be a barrier.

•••
revenue is made from ads (Google, Yahoo, Oxado...)
and well, it is not too good bussiness, but if you are good then you can make some nice income from image host(s).

•••
•••
Like the other people have said, it depends on how you run it. Image Hosting certainly isnt the best way to make profit onlin, but if you can get the delicate balance between bandwidth/space and income sorted, and build a reputation, it does work.

•••
Notius said:
I was wondering where the revenue/profits are made from a free image hosting service?
it comes from (1) ads, (2) premium membership (like a free member can upload this file size only and limited to few graphics extension, but a premium member can upload a whole .zip to it sort of an album) (3) software sale, esp. if the imageuploading software/script is an original one developed by the site owner.

•••
But the bandwidth costs alone are so high that initailly its quite difficult to survive

•••
khuldun said:
But the bandwidth costs alone are so high that initailly its quite difficult to survive

If some one is converting visits to clicks, then bandwidth cost does not hurts.

•••
Thanks for all of the great info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back