Watch

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
I just found and successfully used coupon
GalvanizeAustin
at Name.com

Totally. Free.

Now I am going back to see if I can use the PRIVACYPLEASE coupon as well, but no worries if not!

FTR I used it on a .COM, post if you try it on another extension.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I logged in after adding the domains to the Cart.. But Said Invalid Code.

•••
Same here... I'm not going to waste more time trying to save just a couple of $$$

•••
do not waste time. NOT working

•••
Not working for me. Tried using a VPN, but changing the IP/location did not make any difference.

•••
Not working for me :(
Hand reg domain, checkout, enter promocode, invalid code :(

•••
Didn't work for me too. I guess name.com randomly selects based on God knows what.

•••
Don't working with me (Create account, login, check domain, add to cart, apply coupon code). I don't know why that. ::(

•••
Official Page now goes to 404 Error AND GalvanizeAustin code has been voted down as unpopular/not working on RetailMeNot
So much for "Good until March 31st"

Name is Lame : sticks out tongue : Actually, I use their 2K bulk search all the time so it's about time I gave them some karma

I am just bummed for so many people that it didn't work for

•••
Thanks for sharing usernamex! not working for me though..

•••
Not working here. I believe it's safe to say the code is dead.

•••
•••
2 domains is what I got

Worked for me a couple of days back..Dont know what algo they use as I kept getting invalid code after the first successful registration,even with different login.Tried from another system,worked .Too bad,I couldnt find another system in the middle of night(am located in India)

•••
•••
You guys might wanna check if the domain you thought you reg'd did in fact got registered. Because not for me. Everything went smooth, domain appeared on my account and all... But now a couple of days later, it's actually not registered.

But that's not all. When I try to now log into my account, I can't, and when I try the pw reset, it says my account is closed. For f#%#s sake. Haven't done anything with my Name.com account in ages besides this "freebie" reg.

Starting to get really pissed.

•••
Strange. They are closed at weekends too I think, so you have to wait till tomorrow to sort it out.

•••
Yup, strange indeed. Well, will see what happens tomorrow.

•••
You guys might wanna check if the domain you thought you reg'd did in fact got registered. Because not for me. Everything went smooth, domain appeared on my account and all... But now a couple of days later, it's actually not registered.

But that's not all. When I try to now log into my account, I can't, and when I try the pw reset, it says my account is closed. For f#%#s sake. Haven't done anything with my Name.com account in ages besides this "freebie" reg.

Strange. I am happy I saw this thread late. hehehe

Anyone else faced this problem?

•••

I see my domain...

•••
golly gee @nomen how bizarre, I never meant to cause anyone this much distress : sad :

Did the domain get taken by someone else? Did you check the whois after you got it? (Proly I have habit to do that for ccTLDs - some of them have up to 24 hr wait for registration)

Mine are showing, but I was 1st time customer & signed up for a new account and paid for one domain, THEN thought to look for a coupon after, so I used the coupon for a second domain.

•••
Not your fault in any way. I'm sure the domain was in my account. Changed nameservers and everything. Atm, the domain (.com) is unregistered.

•••
They have an adsense ad that is out of date. Says 99c for a domain but when you are signed in to pay it says invalid code and price changes to full price. My guess is the code is an expired time specific code but why would they still keep paying to advertise a code that has expired? Always saying I was going to speak to them about it but never got round to it.

•••
Well, I'm much more interested in why my account got suspended atm :) Will report as soon I get some answers.

•••

My "registered" domain also available again now. My new account is inactive too. :( >:(

•••
my domain is still there, but i didn't have any trouble with the code, worked first try when most everyone else was saying it didn't work.

•••
Customer "support" says my account was closed due to fraud. Give me a f#%king break. I haven't even logged in for ages before I used the code in this thread. Will update as this unfolds further...

Btw, is there a Name.com rep @ NamePros?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back