domain FrackingBusiness.com

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupi

Established Member
Impact
6
Well, it is about fracking as the name tells. Can't calculate a certain number by the moment. Regged today, at s*do.com, there is a ton of fracking names. The topic might be controversial by an ecological point of view, but in the end, it is just a domain name.

What do you think?
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
no opinions?
 
0
•••
pupi said:
The topic might be controversial by an ecological point of view

Thats the issue with this name.

What company conducting "fracking" would actually want to brand their business with the name?

This is the exact reason Fracking.com is still parked, undeveloped and for sale.

The term "fracking" has been labeled with a negative connotation in today's times.

The only hope for the name would be to maybe develop a site that is for "anit-fracking".

Reg-fee.

Good Luck
 
1
•••
Thanks NJ.

fracking will always be fracking, there will not be another name for this technique. In case that fracking will be "normal" and widely used someday, we'd have to go with the original name. There wont pop up an alternative name.
 
0
•••
How much is OilDrillingBusiness.com worth? I don't think much, but I could be wrong, and I think the same is true for yours. I just don't see much value for generic names with business attached at the end. Can you think of a valuable one?
 
1
•••
1
•••
I agree that fracking, although the term used in the industry, has far too much negative connotation to be adopted by those in the business. I look at it this way, what business involved, would want to name their company: "Fracking Business" Better yet, which company would like to remind their visitors that their web address is frackingbusiness.com. To me, it is not brandable enough as well. I also agree on reg fee.
 
2
•••
yup reg free domain
 
1
•••
thank you both for your opinion!

@jds626x: you might find a few in this list:

http://www.estibot.com/sales.php?a=search&data=frackingbusiness&type=flexible+domains

IMO there are very few names in that list similar to yours. The keyword "business" can be well used in brandable domains, but I don't see industry+business.com names to have much value. Showbusiness.com would be an obvious exception (and I'm sure there are more). The lack of monetary value is doubly apparent when the given industry is perceived in a negative light (e.g. fracking, oil, used car, etc.).

Also, any "fracking business" can easily brand with the keywords like mining, natural gas or shale instead of fracking.

Anyway, good luck going forward.
 
0
•••
Thank you all!
 
0
•••
I think it would make a great "fracking news" or "anti-fracking news" based site. to me that's where the value would be, maybe valued at low $xxx-xxxx. less undeveloped.
 
0
•••
Interesting point, haven't seen it from this point of view. I might develop it if i could. Thanks!
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back