NameSilo

sales Founders pay 200,000 euros for their domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Daniel Albrecht

Established Member
Impact
An online marketplace for coffee, coffee machines and accessories will soon be launched under the catchy domain "Kaffee.de". The target group of Kaffee.de are individuals, restaurateurs, baristas and office customers.

For the domain, Kaffee.de's parent company OPAG, a coffee wholesaler that started up in 2013, recently paid an impressive amount of 200,000 euros. The OPAG creators Andreas Goclik and Oliver Pflüger want to turn over 100 million euros annually on Kaffee.de by 2022.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't have the time to research this. But I'm assuming the .com.de and .de are like .com.uk and uk. whereas .de.com is the same as uk.com etc. The .com.de is technically a subdomain of .de which is a "completely different kettle of fish" to de.com and .de, where the de.com is a subdomain of .com, not .de, and controlled by an entrepreneur rather than the .de registrar. This is why .com.de (controlled by .de register is different to de.com).

You mentioned de.com in an earlier post justifying why @asxforum's kaffe.com.de had no value. But as explained above, it's my assumption that .com.de is owned by the .de registrar, and de.com is owned by some entrepreneur who managed to register de in the .com registrar.

"This is why .com.de (controlled by .de register is different to de.com)" => this is false, because the organization behind .com.de and .de.com is the same: CentralNick (not DeNic) , and may be they will decide to sell Com.de too as they did for gb.com, kr.com ...

•••
"This is why .com.de (controlled by .de register is different to de.com)" => this is false, because the organization behind .com.de and .de.com is the same: CentralNick (not DeNic) , and may be they will decide to sell Com.de too as they did for gb.com, kr.com ...

OK. I stand corrected.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back