Dynadot

discuss .FORUM???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HereToSell

Established Member
Impact
Was thinking about domains to register and thought .FORUM would be a good domain extension. So, for example, since NamePros is a forum, NamePros.FORUM or WorldNews.FORUM.

If .FORUM actually came out, do you think it would be successful? Or, would it be a terrible failure and this was a stupid consideration?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think it will be worth much. Obviously I like forums, but they seem to be going out of style.

Blogs with comments posted on facebook and twitter and other social media are replacing them.

•••
I actually kind of love this gTLD for development and marketing purposes because .FORUM is descriptive as to what kind of website to expect on that domain. It reminds me of .MOBI in that regard.

I wouldn't invest any money in them as a speculator. There's nothing special about .FORUM names that would command a premium price. Someone opening a forum could just as easily hand reg a .org or .com and be just as well off.

•••
Do you think that Name.Forum is better than NameForum.net ?

•••

Yes. If you are going to run a forum, .forum makes sense.

But forums.name.com may be better.

•••

That's a good question. If it were NameForum.com versus Name.Forum, I'd easily say the .com. However with NameForum.net verus Name.Forum, I would favor the new gTLD for being shorter and just as descriptive.

•••
Yes. If you are going to run a forum, .forum makes sense.

But forums.name.com may be better.

Really, I think that forums.name.com is too long winded and has one too many dots, I thought that a .FORUM would be better for google'ing as well since it contains the the word forum in it making it more likely to come up higher on search engines, but I guess the same can be said about about forums.name.com.

•••
I don't think it will be worth much. Obviously I like forums, but they seem to be going out of style.

Blogs with comments posted on facebook and twitter and other social media are replacing them.

Thats a good point, but do you think there's any possibility that forums can become more popular with .FORUM from more activity if it got the right recognition?

•••
The overall percentage of websites that are forums is low, making it difficult for the .forum extension to succeed.

•••
The overall percentage of websites that are forums is low, making it difficult for the .forum extension to succeed.

Ahhh yes, but, everyone (or most people) here is money out of reselling domain names, so with a new domain extension coming out cheap, surely there will be hype to get a name like CAR.FORUM (which original got me thinking about .FORUM) and big name domain resellers mentioning .FORUM might make it even more popular.

I'm an optimist, these are just my ideas really ahahaha

•••
I was thinking should I renew NameForum.net ?! What do you think guys?

•••
NameForum.net - Looks good enough to renew, but probably not going to get more than $50-$100 for when you decide to sell it. I think the new gTLDs (like .FORUM) have put a damper on two word .net values.

•••
Namepros.forum would be worth something.

•••
Namepros.forum would be worth something.

Worth a TM problem.

Another thing would be think how mature the forum space is now. So many double digit year forums out there, and all of a sudden people thinking "I got keyword dot forum so I need to start a forum"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back