Dynadot

domains Forbes: How To Become A Domain Broker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
It's no secret that domain name registrations are on the rise. With 354.7 million domain names registered to date, the industry is seeing a very steady growth of approximately 4.3% year over year. While thousands of new domain extensions -- such as .club, .shop and .io -- have been introduced to the mix, the almighty .com top-level domain (TLD) continues to remain the bread and butter of domaining.

It is worthy to note that .com domains make up an overwhelming number of sales above $25,000.

Following this surge of new domain name registrations, premium domains are potentially increasing in value, therefore opening up doors to extremely lucrative opportunities for domain brokers. How lucrative? Voice.com sold for $30 million in 2019, and 360.com sold for $17 million in 2015 -- and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The reality is that everyone with a presence of mind can become a domain broker, but only the best are privileged with large deals.

read more (Forbes)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the information Lox!

•••
Thank @Lox, we should learn more , take action more, and build new habbit to achieve our goal ...

•••
Great domain brokers earn every bit they receive...hard work...constant ...lots of focus. i'm decent when buyers/endusers approach me, but lack the sales skills to approach potential endusers/buyers...i've pulled it off a few times, but it was mainly to see if a company wished to upgrade to .com with the exact name and w/no tm obstacles. brokers can really facilitate sales

•••
•••
Exact match keyword domains are my love. Tedious, UmmHmm, but patience is always the virtue in this industry, no patience = liquidation = more domains for me lol

Last edited:
•••
Fantastic- a mention of new gTLDs is great, although it's pointed out about .com being the bread and butter. All in all a concise article on a super big known site. A real boon to see.

•••
Articles like this bring in newbies who register lots of poor-quality domains. It is difficult to find truly solid .com domains. That is why there is greater demand for them. Keyword availability is much greater with alternative extensions so it is easier for an end user to find an alternative to a high-priced domain for reg fee.

•••
•••
Back