IT.COM

news Forbes Announces Top 5 Most Valuable Brands In The World

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now there's a goal for Namepros!

•••
Speaking of Apple just got this deal on Ebay

18491808_1563271730373207_5641282810795532912_o.jpg

Interesting read, I can understand why they protect their brands so aggressively!

•••
Everyone knows that Apple would be #1 but amazon should have been there instead of coca cola.

•••
i
This morning Forbes announced the Top Five Most Valuable Brands! Here's the list....And Google is closing on #1.

#1 - Apple
#2 - Google
#3 - Microsoft
#4 - Facebook
#5 - Coca-Cola

Here's the story. Very interesting info:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...e-brands-of-2017-at-170-billion/#5d144ad5384b

So does that mean if someone registers the first letter of each company ( agmfc.com ) he would own the most expensive brand? :xf.grin:

Seriously though..
I cannot believe google has not surpassed Apple. Taking youtube out of the equation probably makes a big difference. Alphabet did not make the list?

PS. Could not read the full article.... forbes hates my adblocker and it does funky things so I just leave.

•••
I cannot believe google has not surpassed Apple. Taking youtube out of the equation probably makes a big difference. Alphabet did not make the list?
Alphabet is more of the holding company and not really a brand which is why it was /likely/ not considered. Agree with @Insha010 that perhaps Amazon should have been there as well

•••
As far as Most Valuable "Brands" I think names like Uber and AirBNB have done a great job branding as well. Both are widely known and widely used.

Gone are the days of IBM and AOL.

•••
i

So does that mean if someone registers the first letter of each company ( agmfc.com ) he would own the most expensive brand? :xf.grin:

Seriously though..

PS. Could not read the full article.... forbes hates my adblocker and it does funky things so I just leave.

I know what you mean lol

They don't like it if they can subject you to their unwanted ads lol

•••
I haven't read the article yet

But

Stocks and shares etc

I read somewhere recently that apple is the world's most valuable company but Google is the world's biggest company

But the forbes rich list from recent memory is

Bill gates - the richest on approx $86b

Jeff bezos amazon 3rd richest in the world on approx 72b

Mark Zuckerberg Facebook is about 5th richest on approx 55b

But S Brin and L page Google etc a weren't in the top 10 as I think they were 11th and 12th but still worth approx 40b each

But Google and or alphabet have only just got started as what they can achieve no one can get close

•••
As far as Most Valuable "Brands" I think names like Uber and AirBNB have done a great job branding as well. Both are widely known and widely used.

UBER? Yes... maybe.... up until the logo change.
They went from a world famous logo to a design I would see on an old bathroom tile.

Whoever made that decision should be fired.

•••
Oh and coca cola is one of the best shares to own by the world's 2nd richest person - probably why his Co are allegedly the biggest shareholder of it

•••
UBER? Yes... maybe.... up until the logo change.
They went from a world famous logo to a design I would see on an old bathroom tile.

Whoever made that decision should be fired.
Ya know, I think NP needs to add a little link next to "Like" that says "LOL". I would love to be able to click that.

•••
To be fair coca cola as brand still holding its own is good to see as it's over 130 years old and still competing with relatively new likable brands but it's standing the test of time

And c c is almost a recession proof brand as even the worse recession people will still be able to afford to buy a coca cola

•••
•••
•••

Value and popularity are not the same. I'd argue that the brands selected by Forbes are much more well known worldwide compared to Uber and AirBnB. Especially the latter - Not a lot of people really know about AirBnB. And I'd also argue that both Uber and AirBnB's brand value has taken a significant hit after the string of recent scandals and other issues that both have faced and are dealing with. I'd definitely not count either as a higher value brand than say Coke or MS etc

•••
Alphabet’s Waymo self-driving car unit could be worth as much as $70 billion.

https://9to5google.com/2017/05/23/m...mo-unit-could-be-worth-as-much-as-70-billion/

That 70 billion and you tube really needs t be counted in

I don't think brand value should be evaluated in a purely monetary sense. Brand value is much more than the market cap of the "brand". If it was the market cap, then the term worth would be more appropriate. A brand that is ubiquitously well known and respected and/or liked is much more valuable than merely being highly priced. Again, this is purely my opinion and not the articles. The article, unfortunately, considers brand value in terms of earnings/revenues/mcap (which, I obviously, fundamentally disagree with).

About your first statement, the worth of Waymo is pure fantasy at this time. I am not claiming that it might not be worth 70B or more some day but at present, since it is neither well known nor has any revenues, it is worth whatever number someone wants to stick to it. For whatever it's worth, someone could say it's going to be worth a trillion dollars, sure. It might someday. But right now, in 2017, it's not worth anywhere even a fraction of that

•••
Google should be listed at #1 because of they are more popular in various country while applie is only popular in some specific country.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back