Domain Empire

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I gotta hurry and reg all available "Mist" domains before others get there coming from Cloud->Fog->Smoke->Gust-> ;)
Damn i was about to write that ..... can we have murky instead ?

•••
Dangit, thought I would get ahead of the pack and register dustydomains dot com, because I am pretty sure if there's a gust, there's dust....but it's already taken. :?:

•••
cloudy with a chance of murky smog or fog ,,,

•••
FogParty
FogPlanet
FogForce
FogExchange
FogGuru
all .com

•••
WebFog dot com
FogCoin dot com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
WebFog dot com
Regards,
Vitaliy

I was going to backorder webfog but somehow completely forgot, congrats.
9 days until the massive fog conference ;)

•••
as someone whos very into the tech industry, this was the first time ive ever heard of fog. i dont see it catching on, especially not mainstream. just my personal opinion. as an analogy, fog to cloud is like "UUV" to "drone".

•••
I got FogMania. I wanted to get something for reg fee and didn't want to search for hours.

•••
fogmod
fogluv
skillfog
oilfog

•••
I gotta hurry and reg all available "Mist" domains before others get there coming from Cloud->Fog->Smoke->Gust-> ;)

-> Megla :) ;)

For the fun of it:
Fog + mist + cloud = Megla/Cloud(.com)
'Megla' in Slovene, Serbo-Croatian: fog, mist

•••
Correct spelling of fog/mist in Serb/Croatian/Montenegrin/Bosnian (all similar languages with few differences) is Magla not Megla.

•••
HybridFogComputing
FogPrivate
FogIndustry

all dot com

•••
I thought I bought skillfog yesterday but apparently did not... strange, I bought it just now lol

•••
•••
•••
fogclients com
botfog com

•••
FogSchool
FogGuru
FogReviews
TheFogComputing
.com's

•••
•••
Correct spelling of fog/mist in Serb/Croatian/Montenegrin/Bosnian (all similar languages with few differences) is Magla not Megla.

Thanks for that. I checked out online what you said. Not saying you're wrong, but a question for clarification: Are you by chance from any of those places, where you have an 'insider' understanding on megla/magla? Reason why I ask is Wiktionary lists megla as meaning 'fog, mist', and has magla as a synonym to megla, with magla listed as meaning 'fog'. Google and Bing Translate says 'fog' for megla and the same for magla, with Babylon Translate listing megla as fog and mist. Other language dictionaries are saying fog and mist for megla.

Anyway, I regged magla/cloud/com as well. What I'll do with them I'm not quite sure yet. Package them as a possible cloud brandable? Might be an interesting challenge.

•••
Fog still seems very new, how long until its a mainstream term, or will people just say extendedcloud?

•••
Thanks for that. I checked out online what you said. Not saying you're wrong, but a question for clarification: Are you by chance from any of those places, where you have an 'insider' understanding on megla/magla? Reason why I ask is Wiktionary lists megla as meaning 'fog, mist', and has magla as a synonym to megla, with magla listed as meaning 'fog'. Google and Bing Translate says 'fog' for megla and the same for magla, with Babylon Translate listing megla as fog and mist. Other language dictionaries are saying fog and mist for megla.

Anyway, I regged magla/cloud/com as well. What I'll do with them I'm not quite sure yet. Package them as a possible cloud brandable? Might be an interesting challenge.

I'm from one of those places and I can tell you with certainty that in Serb/Montenegrin/Bosnian/Croatian correct spelling is mAgla. These 4 languages are very similiar with grammar that doesn't differ much from one another.

But I checked later and found out that word mEgla does exist and is generic in Slovenian (country Slovenia) language which is quite different from above mentioned languages. When people from Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia watch a Slovenian movie they need subtitles in order to know what is the movie all about.

Hope this helped.

•••
•••
Fog still seems very new, how long until its a mainstream term, or will people just say extendedcloud?

Here is the list of speakers/sponsors that will be at the fog expo in 7 days. Im sure after the expo we will get a good idea of just how long it might take for fog to go mainstream.

http://www.fogcomputingexpo.com/speakers.aspx

^^I have no affiliation with this site, or any other site for that matter.

•••
TapFog
MobileEdgeComputing

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back