Dynadot

Flippa Surpasses $150 Million In Domain Name & Website Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"Flippa announced that it reached a new milestone during the weekend.

Over $150 million in transactions have been processed on Flippa. This figure includes both domain name and website sales.

Just a few weeks back Flippa also reached1 million live listings."

Source: OnlineDomain

Flippa has been around for 6 years only and the growth has been tremendous.
It is going to be one of the "biggest" names in the domain marketplace as well!!
What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you pay the bucks, your listing is going to stay buried in the haystack, no different from Sedo or GD.
What if you could pay $10-$20 to be featured, instead of $349?

•••
What if you could pay $10-$20 to be featured, instead of $349?
I would definitely be more likely to pay 10-20 vs 349 to be featured, yes.

•••
I would definitely be more likely to pay 10-20 vs 349 to be featured, yes.

But then EVERYONE will pay that, and then there is no point to being featured if everyone is. And then they will have to make a $349 SUPER FEATURE FEATURE, to stand out from THAT crowd.

•••
They really need more popular filters, specifically these:
Auctions Only (so none of the free domain listings appear in the results)
No Reserve (auctions with no reserve price)
No Bids Yet (auctions with no bidders)
Buy It Now (auctions with set buy it now prices)

Edit: Just realized the auctions only button is under the search tool. Never noticed it before as it blended in.

Last edited:
•••
I paid $49 to have my domain on the feature page, within 24 hours it was off. Maybe this is the case but, if it is then it should be clearly stated. $49 for 24 hours exposure is criminal IMO.

•••
•••
I paid $49 to have my domain on the feature page, within 24 hours it was off. Maybe this is the case but, if it is then it should be clearly stated. $49 for 24 hours exposure is criminal IMO.

Your auction stays on the homepage until it gets rolled off from other people that buy homepage upgrades. This is stated.. Now if not enough people buy the homepage upgrade then you can be there for weeks, but if many buy it, then you can roll of in a couple of hours..

•••
I think it was more different at the beginning. There was a discussion earlier in the year about all the freebies from appraisals, the specials, and now the free relistings. I mentioned some sellers might stop listing and then I see people posting exactly that. It's like letting low end into your neighborhood, property values go down. Domain extensions that have freebies or $1-$3 domains, attract spammers, low enders. Kevin even mentioned something about the homepage buy being a waste of money since it doesn't stay there that long. I think people were hoping it would be different from the other marketplaces, now it's going more of the same.

Side note, I hope your PotMag.com does well, since I have the azine of it.

I'm also curious to know the breakdown, Websites Sales vs. Domains, how much each is getting. Then you can track if the Domain sales are going up or down.

Right on. I just read this Kevin Fink interview here on TLDInvestors where he talks about the size of the market now:

A great problem to have is that last year at this time, there were less than 20,000 total domain names on the platform; now we have over 1.5m.

We used to have 500 live domain auctions; now we are over 5,000.

We’re constantly working to improve our curation efforts, as well as shore up our on-site search processes.

Expect in a couple months’ time our site-wide redesign. This will help address these issues more thoroughly.
So at least a 10x increase in live auctions from last year and 75x in total listings. Yikes.

And I'll do my best to make both of our domains as valuable as possible. B-)

•••
They really need more popular filters, specifically these:
Auctions Only (so none of the free domain listings appear in the results)
Buy It Now (auctions with set buy it now prices)

Edit: Just realized the auctions only button is under the search tool. Never noticed it before as it blended in.

-- Yep, Auction Only is there;
-- So is Reserve Met
-- We do not have a section for auctions that have yet to receive an opening bid
-- We will soon be adding a Buy It Now filter
-- I strongly believe that filtering by auctions Ending Soon is the new best way to search and we'll be adding that to the navigation at some stage as well...

Find all main filters directly by going to this main lander (the upcoming redesign will funnel all of this much more effectively).

Your auction stays on the homepage until it gets rolled off from other people that buy homepage upgrades. This is stated.. Now if not enough people buy the homepage upgrade then you can be there for weeks, but if many buy it, then you can roll of in a couple of hours..

-- We are also working to address this in the upcoming redesign.

•••

-- So is Reserve Met
-- We do not have a section for auctions that have yet to receive an opening bid

Another Filter IMHO would be a good addition is :
No Reserve - Auctions with Opening Bid as Reserve Price (This will automaticatically address the auctions that have yet to receive an opening bid)

•••
No Reserve - Auctions with Opening Bid as Reserve Price (This will automaticatically address the auctions that have yet to receive an opening bid)

@FlippaDomains Hi, Kevin
I like the latest Flippa Navigation and Homepage! Was still hoping for the addition of "NO RESERVE" FILTER within Auction Navigation. Considering the number of Auctions Live at any given time this will be a very Important Filter for Buyers, along with "RESERVE MET" ofcourse! It will be a win-win situation for both, be it Buyers or Sellers!

•••
Well New UI is good but can not see new notifications. User need to check every thing manually if he have got any bid or massage. @FlippaDomains

I think you should provide a notification button like one you have provided in android app

•••
Well New UI is good but can not see new notifications. User need to check every thing manually if he have got any bid or massage. @FlippaDomains

I think you should provide a notification button like one you have provided in android app

This is a bug and seeing as we all agree is a necessity, I should soon have an ETA for this fix.

•••

Coming soon, hopefully this month.

These are now at top-nav, if you have a message or an offer, you will see a number tick at top.

...More to announce soon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back