NameSilo

Flippa now hates domain only sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I posted an auction for the first time on flippa, for a domain only.

I was looking for my listing and put the domain in the search box and got an error message saying it couldn’t be found.

I spoke to flippa and apparently, the search will show everything EXCEPT domains. You have to actively select the domain category.

A new person to flippa would have no clue about that. I told them my domain is on flippa, they searched, it’s not there!!

So, don’t even consider using @flippa_marketplace to sell domains in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_6778.png
    IMG_6778.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6788.jpeg
    IMG_6788.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 32
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa were once one of the best places to sell domains but for years they've been falling off. They're great if you want to buy a website for way more than it's worth though!

•••
Flippa were once one of the best places to sell domains but for years they've been falling off. They're great if you want to buy a website for way more than it's worth though!
agreed. Its also a place to buy some terrible websites (I speak from experience).

•••
Thanks for the heads up. But why on earth would you want to sell your domains on Flippa? You'll get cents on the dollar.

•••
Mismanagement. They could have hired somebody serious/knowledgeable years ago and really get the domain part going if done right. Just had to simply listen to domainers on what they wanted and implement. Also, a lot less complaints or issues with domains vs. selling sites.

•••
@BrandBoogie sells a lot on Flippa, I think. Any feedback on this?

•••
Thanks for the heads up. But why on earth would you want to sell your domains on Flippa? You'll get cents on the dollar.
For an experiment - it wasn’t selling anywhere else 🤷‍♀️

•••
Mismanagement. They could have hired somebody serious/knowledgeable years ago and really get the domain part going if done right. Just had to simply listen to domainers on what they wanted and implement. Also, a lot less complaints or issues with domains vs. selling sites.
Yeah, it used to be quite good and I bought domains from there, but now they have changed it. Although they claim it’s what users want, I’m guessing it’s because they will make more money on larger sales and therefore try and compete with empire flippas for big sales.
As you say, they should have hired someone with domain knowledge and used that as a competitive advantage, rather than trying to compete head on with empire flippas

•••
@BrandBoogie sells a lot on Flippa, I think. Any feedback on this?
I agree, they are concentrating on website sales and really don't care about domain sales now. You really have to search on Flippa just to find the domain sales section.

I used to sell a lot of domains on Flippa back in the day, but now I'll list maybe 1 or 2 per week just to see how it goes. It doesn't help that they raised their listing fees too. They used to be the "go to" auction site 5 years ago.

•••
I agree, they are concentrating on website sales and really don't care about domain sales now. You really have to search on Flippa just to find the domain sales section.

I used to sell a lot of domains on Flippa back in the day, but now I'll list maybe 1 or 2 per week just to see how it goes. It doesn't help that they raised their listing fees too. They used to be the "go to" auction site 5 years ago.
I used to go in there all the time, but had not been on for years. It’s a shame.

Last edited:
•••
After expressing my dissatisfaction to flippa over several emails, they offered to cancel my listing with a refund. I accepted, because it really is not the place it used to be.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back