NameSilo

Flippa Increased Listing Fee Price Almost 2X

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Two days back Flippa raised price almost two times.
It is dead of starter sites on Flippa.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i am eagerly waiting for launch of trademysite.com . let us see how this site is as marketplace.
thanks

•••
You seem to have issues.

Yes, I "have issues" with industry insiders who blatantly mis-speak, appear to lie, or exercise extremely poor judgement at the expense of their fans and/or followers, and who also seem to protect industry scumbags, and have proven to exercise poor judgement highlighting those scumbags then sticking their heads in the sand after the scumbags make news with their scams and rip-offs.

You say "Ron Jackson is a stellar human being." Well, some here might not think you're doing any favors for Namepros members proffering awful judgement that flies in the face of documented history. You remember the truth, right?

Last edited:
•••
I guess the price increase was alright only if they could have provided a good live customer support, Their support is so slow, you have to wait days to sort out issues. Its bad with such a pathetic support, they have guts to increase the pricing.

People are already searching for an alternative of flippa but flippa has a monopoly in this field not because they are good but there is no one who can build a new flippa . Though i found one site who is claiming to build the smartest marketplace for buying and selling Websites/Domains (Trademysite.com) , and having a look at their insta and twitter profile it seems like they are building something Awesome under the radar.

Built on "mythemeshop" ? Yeah, not exactly robust.
Freemarket was the strongest contender, was disappointed that Freelancer didn't keep promoting it enough.

•••
Built on "mythemeshop" ? Yeah, not exactly robust.
Freemarket was the strongest contender, was disappointed that Freelancer didn't keep promoting it enough.
I think that's the plugin.. When i checked the site i got this message "WordPress detected, but the specific theme details could not be determined.
It is probably using a customized or proprietary theme."

•••
That is good to know because I was going to list more domains there. Getting tired of paying through the nose for listings and then if they do sell they hit you again. That is why today I started on a new site for regboss. If others can get big bucks for not so good domains, then I will sell some of mine on my own. I have not made it mobile friendly yet.

•••
With such a monopoly in their field, they are just doing all this to increase their profit. The sad part is that no one is able to build another Flippa to end their monopoly and wipe them out of the market. SEDO and Ebay will not be able to do so as we have seen freelancer doing the same and failed miserably. Time to time many people have tried to compete with flippa but they all have slashed like cards palace.
I am seeing another one evolving with the name TradeMySite.com claiming to be the smartest marketplace for buying and selling websites, I have no idea how they managed to build a large audience on twitter and instagram before launch but i think they are group of smart asses who know their stuff really well. I wish they or someone wipe flippa out of market.

Would be nice to see a new flippa similar market place. You mentioned one in your post but seams like its deserted. nothing on it. I made over 1100 sale on flippa and many many problems occurred during this 3 years... I am looking for an alternative now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back