IT.COM

Flippa...Comment section not available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainCairn

Established Member
Impact
Logged into flippa and the comment section from my listings are missing.
Also clicking on every other flippa listing on their platform and there are no comments in the listing comment section.
Has flippa disabled or removed the ability to add comments? or is it just a glitch on my end?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
As far as I knew there was always "Contact Seller" link, so I don't think it's going to have any impact

•••
As far as I knew there was always "Contact Seller" link, so I don't think it's going to have any impact
Comments ones placed send notifications to watchers. It's a perfect way to bump listings

•••
It still there. I can still see comments on public listing.

•••
I spoke to the customer success team and they said they removed them as they weren't really having the desired effect on listings...

"Also, we have disabled the comments system as we've found that the majority of the comments that were being placed previously weren't benefiting listings. Existing comments will remain, however, users are now unable to leave new comments on listings going forward. "

•••
"Also, we have disabled the comments system as we've found that the majority of the comments that were being placed previously weren't benefiting listings. Existing comments will remain, however, users are now unable to leave new comments on listings going forward. "

Interesting. Thank you.

•••
It seems they are experimenting and also changed pricing.

I don't think they'll get a good results with this experiment.

•••

Yeah, I copied that from a much larger email, they talked a lot about making improvements across the whole of Flippa. The comments could've worked but mainly people used them to make their own listings look busy and there wasn't really anything in the comments that couldn't be said in a message.

Also, comments can indirectly affect their profits, they templated the whole sales listing to help people present their businesses or websites better and sometimes in the comments people would say the wrong things and make their business/website less appealing... If you want to make a profit, sometimes the less you know about the websites the better because then you create a lot of impulsive buyers.

My opinion though is one that's positive, I think Flippa is a great platform and I'm glad to see they are making improvements because it helps us to get more out of the platform.

•••
Yeah, I copied that from a much larger email, they talked a lot about making improvements across the whole of Flippa. The comments could've worked but mainly people used them to make their own listings look busy and there wasn't really anything in the comments that couldn't be said in a message.

Also, comments can indirectly affect their profits, they templated the whole sales listing to help people present their businesses or websites better and sometimes in the comments people would say the wrong things and make their business/website less appealing... If you want to make a profit, sometimes the less you know about the websites the better because then you create a lot of impulsive buyers.

My opinion though is one that's positive, I think Flippa is a great platform and I'm glad to see they are making improvements because it helps us to get more out of the platform.

Coinist.io sold for 80k usd recently and the seller used the comments section and created a lot of hype. That is how it works.

https://flippa.com/9896182-coinist-io

Comments are the perfect way to bump the listing.

•••

Yup. $25 up from $9 for basic listing.

•••
Coinist.io sold for 80k usd recently and the seller used the comments section and created a lot of hype. That is how it works.

[link removed because of account]

Comments are the perfect way to bump the listing.

I completely agree about the bumping but again let's talk about profits because Flippa is a business...

Comments were great for us to be able to promote listings but when people were using this instead of the Flippa upgrades, then it becomes a problem.

Now, if you want to promote your listing or get it seen by more people you have to upgrade...

The problem now though is that this kills a lot of the people selling starter websites.

•••
I spoke to the customer success team and they said they removed them as they weren't really having the desired effect on listings...

I stand corrected, haven't thought about the existing listings. It make sense for the new ones.

•••
•••
I completely agree about the bumping but again let's talk about profits because Flippa is a business...

Comments were great for us to be able to promote listings but when people were using this instead of the Flippa upgrades, then it becomes a problem.

Now, if you want to promote your listing or get it seen by more people you have to upgrade...

The problem now though is that this kills a lot of the people selling starter websites.

Are you Flippa, or do you work for them? Sounds a little shilly in here.

•••
Are you Flippa, or do you work for them? Sounds a little shilly in here.

Haha, no sorry!

I've used the platform for many years and made some good deals on there, it's a lot better than it used to be but I don't like the fees going up especially when you now need to $25 even to list a domain and whatever you list whether auction or classified is only for 3 months and then you need to pay again.

I used to add domains onto Flippa and leave them for a long time waiting for an offer but if I understand correctly we will have to pay $25 every 3 months now?

•••
Haha, no sorry!

I've used the platform for many years and made some good deals on there, it's a lot better than it used to be but I don't like the fees going up especially when you now need to $25 even to list a domain and whatever you list whether auction or classified is only for 3 months and then you need to pay again.

I used to add domains onto Flippa and leave them for a long time waiting for an offer but if I understand correctly we will have to pay $25 every 3 months now?
I doubt one will have to pay every 3 months

•••
I doubt one will have to pay every 3 months

I thought this but go to their homepage and click on pricing, on the left the $25 option says:

"3 month listing (for auction or classified)"

•••
Also noticed that my 100% feedback rating is gone and simply says "No feedback received". Which is not true.
And I can no longer find the flippa app for Android anywhere on the playstore.
These changes are not good.

•••
I still see feedback. Comments section was more annoying then helpful. I think 25 dollars for 3 months is reasonable.

•••
I still see feedback. Comments section was more annoying then helpful. I think 25 dollars for 3 months is reasonable.

Another new account touting for Flippa changes - are you associated with them?

•••
Measured replied is not the same as cheering for Flippa. Not at all associated with them. I complained about them on on my other post. Feedback hasn't changed, comments were more annoying than helpful and 25 dollars is better than 29 dollars. I'm happy to see less 89 dollar garbage websites that rip off very pricey themes.

Last edited:
•••

If we want to send a message with regard to the domain name, how can we do that without a comment section. What is the alternative there? Why Flippa disconnect the sellers from the potential buyers from sharing the vital information after we listed the name?

•••
The listing copy is supposed to contain all pertinent info.
If the buyers have questions, they can PM the seller.
But if anyone wants some of my gripes, here's my top six issues with the current iteration of Flippa.

I have been familiar with the platform for many years now.

Flippa was at it's best way back in 2011-2012.

1. Sellers had WYSIWYG option in listings.

2. Sellers could list several payment options.

3. Buyer's information, email and phone, was listed post sale. This helped curtail non paying bidders.

4. Sellers weren't limited to only GA, I personally hate GA and there are so many APIs that Flippa could let Sellers hook up to verify traffic.

5. Search function was much more user friendly, there weren't 5 steps to get to decent results.

6. Feature showing how many users online.

So sure Flippa has done a couple teensy improvements, but is a far cry from the helpful platform it was long ago.

They're betting hard that they'll find fairly big whales who will want to buy websites for 300k -1 mil that will probably need 40-100k just to fine tune and maintain.

IMH0, their best biz model was years ago.

I'm just stunned that there's not a couple similar contenders after all this time.

I thought freemarket would take over, but the goobers at freelancer really gummed that one up.

There are many great places to sell domains, but websites, still nada save for Flippa.

•••
It looks like the comments are back. Not sure if it was recently or some time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back