domains Flip.xyz buyer revealed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Swetha from DNGear.com sold Flip.xyz last week for $27,888. Her highest sale in .xyz at the time. She smashed that today with Quest.xyz. Flip now has a website up today. Introducing Flip Decentralizing finance democratizes finance, and open systems are exposing the shortcomings of closed ones. But understanding data from open ledgers is complex and […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for sharing. Hope these end user discoveries put to bed the incoherent attacks on the validity of her incredible sales record

•••
Thanks for sharing. Hope these end user discoveries put to bed the incoherent attacks on the validity of her incredible sales record
Yeah, she is stupid rich, she gives freee commissions to Afternic/DAN/Squadhelp just to fake her sales 😂😂😂

This industry is so nice and welcoming to newbies, and yet so hateful and jealous of other people's successes

And everytime she gets attacked she comes back with even a bigger sale.. She has the biggest balls of all haha

Instead of doubting her, all one had to do was politely message her and ask her and she is so polite and shares everything...

•••
Thanks @equity78 for sharing. Instead of learning from her and her sales, they kinda choose to attack and question her domain sales... So Pathetic. Congrats @DNGear (y)

•••
I'm sorry but I feel like I have to put this because I dared to do the pathetic and unthinkable thing of calling into question the validity of a domain sale today... just like I would do every other day for other domain sales that surprise or excite me.

I had very little prior knowledge of @DNGear or her sales until today and still don't know a lot about her to be honest and didn't know she was a NPs member until today. I had heard ".XYZ Queen" banded around a few topics that were floating around in the forum but to be honest because it was .XYZ I ignored it because its not a extension that I am interested in (that's allowed! :nailbiting:), but I had noticed a trend of .XYZ sales recently in relation to the nickname.

Today when I saw in that quest.xyz had sold for $69.8k I was very surprised and I did question it's validity, but we're on a domain forum so I think it's OK and healthy to do this. I did this in a light hearted manner, I did question whether the recent spate of .XYZ sales were real or not, I was expressing my surprise and I admitted my jealousy in relation to this great sale.

Anyway, it was nothing personal and I would never condone attacking another member of NPs and I don't feel like anything I've said has actually done this, but I would like to stress that for me that "questioning" domain sales is part of the enjoyment of being on this forum. In my mind it's not a personal attack to question the validity, merit, price, quality, extension, platform of sales or any other aspect of domaining that is presented before us.

Being scared into silence by others that call them pathetic, which I would argue is a bit of an attack doesn't feel like the right way to go about fostering a mentality of questioning and intrigue which surely underpins the point in having a domain forum in the first place. If nothing else, questioning things serves as a very important tool to prevent "newbies" from wasting all of their money, which is easy to do in this industry if they were to follow the ever changing bluster of fads that whistle by never to be seen again.

It could just be that you didn't mean me anyway, or that you believe that others have not entered into the dialogue regarding these .XYZ sales with the spirit in which I certainly intended to with my few posts. Maybe if I saw all of the posts that you have seen with regards to your accusation of attacks I may agree with you, but in general it's not a personal attack to say that you are questioning the validity of a sale or don't think a domain name is worth the amount paid or to admit being flabbergasted that it sold for so high or that you can't believe that someone didn't choose a different name because you think the extension is bad. There are quite a few people on this forum, so it's not surprising to find others sharing the same opinion either.

Based on the past .XYZ sales (10 $xx,xxx+ sales in the last 3 years, source namebio), it is reasonable to conclude objectively that it is surprising that that name sold for such a high amount. That doesn't take away from the fact that it's a sale that we all wish we had conducted, which I think comes across in the dialogue that I had, but that doesn't mean that it's wrong to question it... Heck, the person that sold it replied, albeit it not in a way that I expected under normal circumstances but that only allowed those in the thread (including me) to learn more about the sale in the end which was interesting in itself.

Anyhow I wish everyone on the forum, including @DNGear all the best in their sales, but I can't promise to bottle up my surprise or scepticism when one sells at all, or for less/more than I expected it to no more than I can I guarantee not to watch from afar in wonderment at the spectacle...

Last edited:
•••
I think anyone who doesn't understand, doesn't understand. DNGear isn't some mysterious person with random large consecutive sailz. She used to hang with us in chat I'm 2016 and we all chilled.

She always bought up xyzs and we all thought she was crazy and stupid. So this isn't an overnight thing. It was a venture she kept believing in for years.

She didn't just come out with big sailz all at once. She started out with one x,xxx sail here and there in one or two years... until it just became bigger and more frequent until what we have now.

Congratulations to her. Please people stop attacking her

•••
Swetha from DNGear.com sold Flip.xyz last week for $27,888. Her highest sale in .xyz at the time. She smashed that today with Quest.xyz. Flip now has a website up today. Introducing Flip Decentralizing finance democratizes finance, and open systems are exposing the shortcomings of closed ones. But understanding data from open ledgers is complex and […]

Continue Reading
For those not believe she sold so many domains
Keep going @DNGear (y)
PS Hope to sell "our" domain with good money ( you know what name ) :-P

•••
I think anyone who doesn't understand, doesn't understand. DNGear isn't some mysterious person with random large consecutive sailz. She used to hang with us in chat I'm 2016 and we all chilled.

She always bought up xyzs and we all thought she was crazy and stupid. So this isn't an overnight thing. It was a venture she kept believing in for years.

She didn't just come out with big sailz all at once. She started out with one x,xxx sail here and there in one or two years... until it just became bigger and more frequent until what we have now.

Congratulations to her. Please people stop attacking her

Totally..

Remember when she used to get frustrated at Afternic for not having sales for months.
We simply can't celebrate the little successes of our peers.
I am so happy and proud of her and here people are just trying pull her down.

She is reporting publicly verifiable sales. Her Portfolio is publicly available to peruse. I don't know what else they want her to explain.

I ran her list for available names in some CCTLDs and I have already profited from my little experiment.
While you hating, I learning

•••
Who's attacking her? You lot are dreaming it up in your heads for the most part. It's clear from the disproportionate way you're reacting to any sense being made of the sales that you also stand to benefit. It's like a strawman argument.

You're in a domain forum so it's completely sensible to expect analysis. I've seen this before too many times before, people trying with all their energy to amplify the hype so that they may bandwagon and also benefit. That's fine, it might work or it might not.

I won't be shuttered into silence by dishonest people.

•••
Dishonest? You are making a lot of wild accusations.

She has given her side of the proof even without asking, even though the burden of proof was on you to prove that her sales are fake, or if anybody is being dishonest.

And you seem to be really riled up that people are genuinely happy for the success of a new domainer.

•••
And you seem to be really riled up that people are genuinely happy for the success of a new domainer.
No, I was just very surprised to be jumped on from the first time I commented on an .XYZ sale having no prior knowledge of the situation.

A select vocal minority are coming out like her PR and mischaracterising what people have said as if she's being attacked. I wish no ill to her, I wouldn't condone any attacks to anyone on this forum and I'm happy for her sales.

I think you might be mistaking people being surprised and characterising it as "attacking" and not being happy for them. They're not mutually exclusive. I'm happy for anyone on this forum that makes good investments and succeeds, especially in this case, it's the entire reason that I am here - to see it happen! I have also seen people waste a lot of money on fads over the years as well.

She has given her side of the proof even without asking, even though the burden of proof was on you to prove that her sales are fake, or if anybody is being dishonest.
Under no circumstances have I said that her sales are fake, when have I said that? Questioning whether something is real or not is not the same as asserting that it is or isn't. You're assuming that because she's a member of NPs that we all know all of the history in relation to her and her sales record... but we don't. Anyone exercising a healthy amount of scepticism is a good thing and shouldn't be derided out of hand as an attack.

Dishonest? You are making a lot of wild accusations.
As for this can you please clarify what you're saying? What dishonest accusations am I making? Can you point to a post where she is being attacked and I am perfectly willing to change my mind, I haven't seen all the posts. All of those doing this unrequited aggressive PR are either believers in .XYZ, heavy investors in new gTLDs, or both... including you:

That is nothing but speculation and it cost $0.69 to register a .xyz so why not?
Even I have about 100 xyzs now just from random search. I am yet to do a bulk search.
And you will notice that for all the XYZs that are taken, all of the other gTLDs I mention are also taken.

.. so you do stand to benefit, like I said, which explains the obsession and belligerence with incessantly calling people out for daring to being non-believers.

Last edited:
•••
Who's attacking her? You lot are dreaming it up in your heads for the most part. It's clear from the disproportionate way you're reacting to any sense being made of the sales that you also stand to benefit. It's like a strawman argument.

You're in a domain forum so it's completely sensible to expect analysis. I've seen this before too many times before, people trying with all their energy to amplify the hype so that they may bandwagon and also benefit. That's fine, it might work or it might not.

I won't be shuttered into silence by dishonest people.

Sir, I have 0 XYZs registered at the moment. I had gotten some for the 99 c promo way back in 2016 but they all were dropped as I did not believe in the extension. I am now ambivalent about it.

So your own allegations are bereft as we have nothing to gain.

A lot of people are attacking her, especially in the Quest.XYZ thread.

I noticed 100% of her attackers are male. I can't help but wonder if it's just jealous guys mad that a non-male made more money than them or is currently more successful.

•••
Sir, I have 0 XYZs registered at the moment. I had gotten some for the 99 c promo way back in 2016 but they all were dropped as I did not believe in the extension. I am now ambivalent about it.

So your own allegations are bereft as we have nothing to gain.
Surely you can't believe that to be the case for everyone given what I've just said, so I'll just have to disregard this. What I said was based on what I've read and I provided evidence for in the previous post.

Whatever your motivations, the result is that you're attempting to stop others from freely analyzing sales just like they would for any other name in any other extension by any other person. This isn't inkeeping with the spirit of a forum about selling domains. Nobody asked her to directly respond to every piece of analysis about her publicly advertised domain sales that others are highlighting and people are offering their opinions/analysis...

A lot of people are attacking her, especially in the Quest.XYZ thread.

I noticed 100% of her attackers are male. I can't help but wonder if it's just jealous guys mad that a non-male made more money than them or is currently more successful.
This thread?
https://www.namepros.com/threads/quest-xyz-sold-for-69-888-plus-5-more-xyz-sales.1252295/
There is nothing in that thread that can be characterized as an attack, at all. There is dialog where there is lack of agreement and then accusations of being dragged down by her which is fair enough if that's how she feels but it's doesn't mean the dialogue was an attack, from what I can see it's littered with praise and almost every negative point of analysis appears to be supplanted by a compliment towards her and her successes. Saying the names are of bad quality or expressing surprise isn't an attack on her whether true or untrue, it's subjective.

You and others are continually mischaracterizing the dialogue by others as hate whichever way possible already so there's no need to crank up the levels of immaturity and emotional incontenance further with talk of it being a gender issue.

I'm going to leave it now, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on but I feel like someone needs to say something because what you're saying simply isn't true.

Last edited:
•••
Surely you can't believe that to be the case for everyone given what I've just said, so I'll just have to disregard this. What I said was based on what I've read and I provided evidence for in the previous post.

Whatever your motivations, the result is that you're attempting to stop others from freely analyzing sales just like they would for any other name in any other extension by any other person. This isn't inkeeping with the spirit of a forum about selling domains. Nobody asked her to directly respond to every piece of analysis about her publicly advertised domain sales that others are highlighting and people are offering their opinions/analysis...

This thread?
https://www.namepros.com/threads/quest-xyz-sold-for-69-888-plus-5-more-xyz-sales.1252295/
There is nothing in that thread that can be characterized as an attack, at all. There is dialog where there is lack of agreement and then accusations of being dragged down by her which is fair enough if that's how she feels but it's doesn't mean the dialogue was an attack, from what I can see it's littered with praise and almost every negative point of analysis appears to be supplanted by a compliment towards her and her successes. Saying the names are of bad quality or expressing surprise isn't an attack on her whether true or untrue, it's subjective.

You and others are continually mischaracterizing the dialogue by others as hate whichever way possible already so there's no need to crank up the levels of immaturity and emotional incontenance further with talk of it being a gender issue.

I'm going to leave it now, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on but I feel like someone needs to say something because what you're saying simply isn't true.

You mean like when Alcy said she had an attitude problem? Quest.xyz sold for $69,888 plus 5 more .xyz sales when it was everyone else attacking her?

She never once dissed out a personal insult or even a business insult.

•••
You mean like when Alcy said she had an attitude problem? Quest.xyz sold for $69,888 plus 5 more .xyz sales when it was everyone else attacking her?

She never once dissed out a personal insult or even a business insult.
Ok there are 3+ people in this thread alone saying she is being attacked and you present that? That isn't an "attack", nor is it out of the blue in the conversation, it was after a back and forth between her and Alcy regarding the quality of the names sold.

Alcy had said that he had better names in the past that never sold and that the names she sold couldn't be valued at what they sold for, congratulated her and said it must be a numbers game... and then she brought about conditions by way of her posts that made it hostile as if analysing the sales is doing a bad thing... We're on a domain forum in a sales report thread, it's not uncommon to do this. Do you see what I'm saying?

He was trying to talk about the sale in context of the other sales and his own experiences only to be met with hostility. It's not an attack to analyse a few domain sales and muse as to whether they were worth the 💰 or not. We're on a domain forum.

To give further context to this, 7 of the preceding posts were purely congratulatory acknowledging her achievements and her conclusion was that she wouldn't post her sales here anymore...

Last edited:
•••
Hopefully flipme.xyz will have value to someone soon ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back