NameSilo

fj-pupil.com domain name - Large offers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brad Bowman

Impact
I've recently received offers of $5K and $10K USD for the domain name fj-pupil.com from Chinese buyers. Does anyone have any idea what this domain could stand for and why it would be valuable?

Thanks,
Brad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not sure but I love how the unhyphenated version was registered today :xf.smile:

•••
I'm not sure but I love how the unhyphenated version was registered today :xf.smile:

I'm sure if the buyers wanted that they would have obviously registered it. Doesn't the - have something to do with pinyin / Chinese domains?

•••
I'm sure if the buyers wanted that they would have obviously registered it. Doesn't the - have something to do with pinyin / Chinese domains?

Hyphens are not popular with domains, the only country where they are kind of accepted is Germany (.de)

It was either the company that wants your hyphenated version, or a domainer on NP that saw your post and is hoping the company will come looking for their name at a cheaper price :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Or me right before I posted this in a public place.

•••
Or me right before I posted this in a public place.

Yeah thats the other obvious one, I didn't mention that possibility because you said if they wanted it, they would have registered it themselves :xf.wink:

•••
Welcome to NP, Brad. According to Wayback Machine, FJ-pupil.com started in 2009 as a website for students in Fujian Province (which explains the FJ letters in the name) in China, and later turned into a general Chinese news portal. My Baidu search did not reveal any significant commercial entities in China associated with this name.I don't often see use of hyphen in Chinese domains. So, I'm at loss to see why someone is willing to pay such high prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back