IT.COM

question FitnessGirl.com - why so expensive?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DragonDF

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys!

I'd like to know what makes this domain (fitnessgirl.com) so especial that his actual owner thinks it costs $ 69K .
It was $1K one or two years ago.
And I thought it was expensive.
This domain have been used in adult promotion. So, it has not a serious value if you will use for something 'corrrect'.

Is there any way to buy domains in a REAL price? Or the owner can insert the price he thinks it values and you need to wait?

Tks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
unless the OP is one using this tread to promote the name, think about it... :xf.rolleyes:

comon guys the name was reg'd in 2016, and for some reason the OP has such a beef with a name he does not want to buy himself...

looks like a troll pump and dump to me...

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:
•••
FitnessGirl at 1K was a good buy and could have become a great fashion sports brand. So the choice is register another and spend 68k on marketing and development, welcome to domaining!

It was not 1K it was $777 as the other member wrote. For me, not cheap.

I could not understand when you typed: "So the choice is register another and spend 68k on marketing and development"

Did you read all messages of this thread?
Why do you think this domain has 68K on marketing and development?

It does not appear (when you type 'fitnessgirl' in google) in the first 10 pages. Do you know what happens when your domain is not in the FIRST page of Google? How many clicks it will receive?

And I imagine you did not read, but it has a 'ADULT' history. So, all good corporate firewalls has this domains as an adult domain and for this reason it is blocked.

Go ahead and reg the other option(s) without negative history.

A fellow domainer is trying to sell that name; doubt you will get the "professional replies" that you are looking for. You have mentioned that name several times in your posts, why?

You know you are not going to buy the name because of the price + history, so why ask him to explain how he came to that price?

The seller can ask for whatever he wants, you pay / negotiate / move on.

I asked him because I imagined I could ask people here and received the replies.
Do you really think he will explain me why he is asking all this money for a domain he bought for $777 ?

unless the OP is one using this tread to promote the name, think about it... :xf.rolleyes:

comon guys the name was reg'd in 2016, and for some reason the OP has such a beef with a name he does not want to buy himself...

looks like a troll pump and dump to me...

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

It is the SECOND TIME you typed this.

It is the second time you make this slight charge.
Either you have a mental problem or you can not understand what I was looking for in this thread.
Read its SUBJECT.
Can you explain why it got so expensive in such a short time?

I think not.

This domain has been in existence for YEARS. It was not registered in 2016. Quit writing nonsense.

The easiest way, since you think that I am the owner of this domain and I am seeking to promote it (and fortunately, only you and another one had this genial idea - that I tried to ignore of so ridiculous), is ceasing to appear here and respond. The thread will disappear from the first page, no one else will respond and you will, in the end, be happy that your (self-promoting domain) idea will be demonstrated.

I think you think this forum is the most important forum for the fitnessgirl domain to be well-ranked on Google.
No, it's not.

And if your theory were true, this same thread would be posted on DIFFERENT (dozens) OF OTHER FORUMS.
I suggest you start looking for this.

I appear very little here because I do not have more than 25 domains. So I come in from time to time, I see some promotion suggestion (coupon) and I'm leaving. I never noticed that there were other postings on other subjects.

In the day that I activate to participate more of the forum, I see people like you that possess conspiracy theories if someone asks about DOMAIN in a domain forum.

You are very good. I'll stop here because every minute typing here I'm missing out on doing something more relevant.

TO ALL THOSE WHO HELPED TO CLARIFY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

•••
•••
upload_2018-1-8_20-12-26.png

•••
it was reg'd in 2016 - i dont know what the OP is talking about

try using the whois buddy

upload_2018-1-8_20-15-7.png

•••
fitnessgirl.io is available. go and buy that instead of bugging us here.

•••
to the OP - the only thing you have accomplished here is;

1. insult and piss off a few members

2. promote the name that you don't want to buy!?!?!

3. :troll:

•••
HeHe.....

Wait for me while I grab my coffee.... I like a good read!

•••
@DragonDF
If you're from the States you could go with fitnessgirl.us, it is free to reg.

•••
Want to mention that in 2012 someone attempted to register Fitness Girl as a trademark. Obviously there is some value behind this term.

REGISTRATION DATE TRADEMARK SPECIFICATION CLASS STATUS/STATUS DATE
FITNESS GIRL Clothing, Namely, Tank-tops, T-shirts, Tops, Bottoms, Jackets, Shorts, Sports Bra 25 (Clothing, Footwear and Headgear) ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE
Thu Jun 21, 2012

Last edited:
•••
The girls fitness sector is becoming a massive industry.

Not only do you have girl only gyms, but girl fitness instructors, or girls vlogging about fitness tips/recipes etc makes a lot of coin.

It's irrelevant how much someone pays for a domain. Lots of good domains are picked up on the drop by domainer that they manage to sell for a lot more.

If I picked up a good crypto domain for low $x,xxx on a drop. I would probably price it at $xx,xxx range because crypto is a hot property right now.

Remember .com is called king for a reason. Yes you can register other extensions but that's not always the most professional identity that a end user might be after.

Domainer are not in this business to buy a domain for $8 and to sell it for $8. The beauty is trying to find names that you think you can make a good profit on.

Piano Online (.com) sold for $30,000 recently. Would of I paid that? No

But obviously it was worth that price to someone.

Last edited:
•••
What do you mean about "kind of salty" ?

And I will not buy this domain.

Did you read the SUBJECT of this thread?

He can 'TRY' TO SELL FOR $10000000 . He will not sell. Idiots are not so idiots like he imagine.

And like you suggest, if you see a thread I open and can not contribute, go the the next one. Or as you wrote: "move on to another" thread.

You helped nothing to clarify why there are genious guys who think that because they have a domain, it will cost anything they think it will.

My reading comprehension skills are quite superior; I can tell when people are salty by the way they express themselves on an open forum. No need to be hostile just because you didn't agree with my response.

Back to the subject at hand...the domain name is very brandable, despite what you may think. His domain may very well sell for what he's asking. You never know what the end-user wants the domain for. I sold a one-word .net domain last year for $2100+ profit (and it wasn't that awesome of a domain if we're being honest). But the end-user REALLY wanted that name for his business.

The right person can take a seemingly insignificant domain name and make it a multi-million (or billion) dollar business. FaceBook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, etc. All silly domain names when you really think about it. But look at them now.

•••
fitnessgirl.io is available. go and buy that instead of bugging us here.

.io
.us
. dozens others

After that, can you explain about the cost of the domain FITNESSGIRL.COM ?

@DragonDF
If you're from the States you could go with fitnessgirl.us, it is free to reg.

Want to mention that in 2012 someone attempted to register Fitness Girl as a trademark. Obviously there is some value behind this term.

REGISTRATION DATE TRADEMARK SPECIFICATION CLASS STATUS/STATUS DATE
FITNESS GIRL Clothing, Namely, Tank-tops, T-shirts, Tops, Bottoms, Jackets, Shorts, Sports Bra 25 (Clothing, Footwear and Headgear) ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE
Thu Jun 21, 2012

Yes, I am sure it is not a BAD NAME (fitnessgirl). What we are (or at least I AM trying to talk about here is that I can not see how a domain can go from $777 to $69K. Sure (for me) it will not be sold for that price. Sure he can ask how many he thinks is the correct value. But I imagined people would reply things that had any 'professional' relation and not just 'opinions'.

There is a BIG magazine called FITNESS GURLS (fitnessgurls.com). You can take a look.

The girls fitness sector is becoming a massive industry.

Not only do you have girl only gyms, but girl fitness instructors, or girls vlogging about fitness tips/recipes etc makes a lot of coin.

It's irrelevant how much someone pays for a domain. Lots of good domains are picked up on the drop by domainer that they manage to sell for a lot more.

If I picked up a good crypto domain for low $x,xxx on a drop. I would probably price it at $xx,xxx range because crypto is a hot property right now.

Remember .com is called king for a reason. Yes you can register other extensions but that's not always the most professional identity that a end user might be after.

Domainer are not in this business to buy a domain for $8 and to sell it for $8. The beauty is trying to find names that you think you can make a good profit on.

Piano Online (.com) sold for $30,000 recently. Would of I paid that? No

But obviously it was worth that price to someone.

Thank you to post your point of view.
In this specific case, we have a domain that it is a .COM but it has a bad history and a lot of others options.

If there is a BIG company to open a BIG clothers industry to sell 'fitness products' maybe it could buy this domain. Or all others too.

But we have others .xxx options.

And in my experience, I saw a lot of times domains .NET or .ORG in front of .COM in SEARCH engines.
So, I do not know if it is 'so king' like that nowadays.

:)

•••
it was reg'd in 2016 - i dont know what the OP is talking about

try using the whois buddy

Show attachment 77230

Yes, you have a mental problem or you do not work. Something like that.

As you continue to uphold your accusation and, worse, add LIE to your argument, I find myself, once again, compelled to answer you. You do not deserve it, but as many here will read this thread, I do not wish them to imagine that you are right in anything you have written.

First point: domain age

If you have the ability to go to sites that check out the age of the domain (fitnessgirl.com) you can see that it is 16 years 10 months old
Source: https://www.webconfs.com/web-tools/domain-age-tool/

Second point: prosecution
You have called me several times in throll and have been supporting such a hypothesis, WITHOUT BRINGING any proof that I would be the owner of this domain that we are (some) evaluating here.

In a men's location, that would be enough for you:
1. prove what you say
2. Apologize and portray spontaneously
3. receive a court case
4. pick up a lot

But I do not know where you live or even if you're a real man. Sometimes you are still a teenager outraged by life who wants everyone to believe what he says and, if they do not, he keeps yelling at people's side and repeating that same insult.

You do not seem to have any knowledge of using a domain. Just buy and sell.
I imagine you even bother to buy a new one and try to put it on the first page of Google for some keywords.
You submit that the domain was registered in 2016. Difficult. You know nothing.

I hope you stop these insults or bring some contribution (as the last ones did) to what we are debating.

I've been using my precious time here because I STARTED this thread and I will not leave people here unanswered.
I sincerely hope that there will be no more answers so I do not have to pay more attention here. It would be a lack of education on my part to start the discussion and disappear.

Do not take me on this thread anymore. You're not the kind of person I think deserves my attention and I would not give it to you if you did not get into the middle of a subject that apparently you do not even care about.

•••
.io
.us
. dozens others

After that, can you explain about the cost of the domain FITNESSGIRL.COM ?

Yes, I am sure it is not a BAD NAME (fitnessgirl). What we are (or at least I AM trying to talk about here is that I can not see how a domain can go from $777 to $69K. Sure (for me) it will not be sold for that price. Sure he can ask how many he thinks is the correct value. But I imagined people would reply things that had any 'professional' relation and not just 'opinions'.

There is a BIG magazine called FITNESS GURLS (fitnessgurls.com). You can take a look.

Thank you to post your point of view.
In this specific case, we have a domain that it is a .COM but it has a bad history and a lot of others options.

If there is a BIG company to open a BIG clothers industry to sell 'fitness products' maybe it could buy this domain. Or all others too.

But we have others .xxx options.

And in my experience, I saw a lot of times domains .NET or .ORG in front of .COM in SEARCH engines.
So, I do not know if it is 'so king' like that nowadays.

:)

Ok I think I see where you are getting a little confused.

A (.net) or (.org) would not be showing higher seo because the extension is better. That is to do with the seo work each website owner has put into optimizing/promoting their site etc.

The fact you keep on talking about search rankings kind of shows that you are coming from a slightly different angle than a domainer where many factors would be looked at when pricing a name.

Yes there are domains with decent exact match keywords. But it usually takes more than this to get a domain to rank well, in most cases you need to have an active website running on the domain with a somewhat regular and unique content posting per day/week/month.

Some of the most searched websites in the world are not great keywords. The search results are the way they are because of the promotional work that company has done with their brand/idea.

If I was setting up a company my personal preference would be to try and get the exact keywords I wanted in a .com. just my personal preference but imo a dot com portrays that the website owner has acquired the best extension that was available to them.

I own some .net domains but there is not one that I would not swap for the .com equivalent in a heartbeat.

If your preference is different, I respect that.

Last edited:
•••
•••
available alternative ;)
LadsFitness.com :D

•••
HeHe.....

Wait for me while I grab my coffee.... I like a good read!
Well I'm ready to give up on domaining ......... CovfefeGirl is registered!

•••
FastFoodGirl is up for grabs ........ just saying

•••
it was reg'd in 2016

If you have the ability to go to sites that check out the age of the domain (fitnessgirl.com) you can see that it is 16 years 10 months old
Source: https://www.webconfs.com/web-tools/domain-age-tool/

You do not seem to have any knowledge of using a domain. Just buy and sell.

You submit that the domain was registered in 2016. Difficult. You know nothing.
I don't know what tool that is you are using, but a domain's age is determined from it's current date of registration, not from the first time it was ever registered. Urlurl was correct, the domain is only a couple years old, it was registered in 2016. What you might be refering to is the domains history, which goes back 16 years to the first time it was ever registered. But since that time it was let expired and dropped, thereby reseting the age, but, not the history.

•••
Well I'm ready to give up on domaining ......... CovfefeGirl is registered!

Oh, trust me..... a lot of Covfefe is registered :xf.smile:

Don't give up though.... just watch the donalds twitter account :xf.laugh:

•••
Why to buy a domain for $1K if you can buy another .SOMETHING for $7 ?

Are you serious?

It is an abuse to ask 69K for a domain. Sure it will not be sold.

Are you a kind of reseller of domains? Why do you think this price is correct?

So you refused to buy the name for 1k, because you can buy another for $7?

So why didn't you buy another for $7? Why come a year later complaining about the much higher price?

Your problem is obviously not the 69K(though that's high-I'll admit). You just think because you can handreg domains for $7... That means every domain should be for $7?

You need to study the domain industry from the beginning.

Lastly, if this is a domain name you wanted for your brand or business, then you don't deserve it one bit. If you could sacrifice 1k for your own business or negotiate from 1k then your business is worthless to say the least. Even when i was broke, I said I would pay good money for a name i really wanted. I would save, negotiate and do what it took. Invest in yourself and stop looking for everything at handreg price.

You want endusers topay x,xxx+ but you as an enduser can't pay over $7

•••
There is no calculation how much each domain should cost. You are super angry because you want that name so bad and it is too pricey for you.
This fact proves that domain price is adjusted.
I mean, you are saying that FitnessGirl.com for 1000$ is expensive, and in fact it is a bargain for right end user...

•••
Finally I have figured it out, wait for the .Girl extension and then reg Fitness.Girl for $1,000 a year premium, simple !

•••
In fact what some users (not polite and like the other said.. "Your whining salty') do not help in anything here.
I WILL NOT BUY THIS S**** OF DOMAIN.
I am not crying.
I do not LIVE TO BUY AND SELL DOMAIN. For this reason I came here. Because I imagined I could read professional people talking about professional experiense. It was not what happened in 50% of the time.

Some user with opinions of people who buy a domain for US$ 8 and want to sell it for $1000 after 1 year and want to attack anyone who opposes them.

I have looked for this name some time ago and for this reason I know it has been use to redirect to ADULT sites.

And about:

I do not know if you are inside an private network. It you are you can not visit this website. It will bring that it was blocked by firewall because it is an ADULT domain.

So, this is something bad when we are talking about TRAFFIC.

In my mind, it is MUCH BETTER to start with a new domain (no bad history) and make it happens inside SEARCH ENGINES. :)

And the revolted members: if you want you can buy it too. For $1K or $69K. I do not mind.

I am here to UNDERSTAND (as a professional) how this could happened.

Tks for who that tried to help.
As a health writer, I can say for sure that fitness and health is a niche dominated by females. Guys aren't into fitness, they're into muscle building, which is technically the same but vastly different. Guys want to be macho, not just fit -- and seldom do they care about their general wellness.

That's why I would probably value fitnessgirl at 30-40k, but obviously the seller is using psychology where he asks for more while hoping to really negotiate down to that amount,

If you're into the health niche, you'd realize how insanely brand able fitness girl is.

Btw why u so angry?
:-P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back