news Fitbit to be acquired by Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reddstagg

The-Billionaire.comTop Member
Impact
News just in...

Dear Valued Fitbit User,

Over 12 years ago, my co-founder, Eric Friedman, and I founded Fitbit with the vision of making the world healthier. I’m excited to share the next step in achieving that vision with you today. Fitbit has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Google. Read the full press release here.

What does this mean for you? For the immediate future, nothing changes. But the goal is that with Google’s resources and global platform, we will be able to innovate and bring you, and our millions of other users around the world, even more great products and services to support you on your health and wellness journeys. We know no one size fits all, so we are still dedicated to providing choice through a broad range of devices, software and services, and will continue to support both Android and iOS operating systems.

You, our users, are at the center of everything we do, and it’s important that you know that your trust is central to our mission and has been since day one. This will not change by joining Google. We are committed to the same strong data privacy and security protections. You will always be in control of your data, and we will remain transparent about the data we collect and why. We never sell your personal information, and Fitbit health and wellness data will not be used for Google ads.

Today’s announcement is just the first step in this process. The transaction is expected to close in 2020, subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by Fitbit’s stockholders and regulatory approvals.

When Eric and I started Fitbit, we could never have imagined the incredible community Fitbit would have today. Fitbit has more than 28 million active users around the globe and everything we do comes from our commitment to your health and wellbeing. None of this would be possible without you. So, my sincere thanks to you for being a loyal customer. I look forward to the next phase of our journey together!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Please allow my ignorance, but how's this a domain industry news?

•••
Please allow my ignorance, but how's this a domain industry news?

Maybe, if I have to explain it to you, you're in the wrong business.

There are many reasons I suppose and they are for others to determine.

I will defer to those with greater knowledge and experience to pre-empt the opportunities that might become available to domain investors but a $2billion acquisition may bring forth opportunities that don't yet exist or will lead to technologies being further enhanced.

I believe that fitness and wellbeing will grow year on year for the next 5 to 10 years.

I will leave it there.

Fit-bye-for-now

•••
Maybe, if I have to explain it to you, you're in the wrong business.

..almost 2 decades in this, and now you are telling me that I am in wrong biz-nitch?

Please help me find the RIGHT one, will ya?

There are many reasons I suppose and they are for others to determine.

I will defer to those with greater knowledge and experience to pre-empt the opportunities that might become available to domain investors but a $2billion acquisition may bring forth opportunities that don't yet exist or will lead to technologies being further enhanced.

I believe that fitness and wellbeing will grow year on year for the next 5 to 10 years.

I will leave it there.

Fit-bye-for-now

If it was for others to determine really, why did you even post this-TechCrunch-story on here in the first place, which has no relation to domain industry, whatsoever..

If I am seriously missing something, as I had requested earlier, please enlighten me with your bagful of wisdom and knowledge. Will you be kind enough to do so?

seeking-fit-response!

•••
Soofi so good.

I've already forgotten about it and moved on.

If it is in the wrong place, the Moderators will move it accordingly.

Live and learn.

•••
fitbit one of the most unneeded sucker products on the market
dem mo-fo's gotta make-up reasons for you to look at it

rather have a pet rock or a gia pet

imo...

•••
Google makes mistakes.
They even use .xyz

•••
Should’ve bought GoPro (GPRO) instead,

Next one to be acquired, Close to all-time lows

GoPro, probably going b Apple next acquisition

Last edited:
•••
Oh the Google good guys..

They just want everyone's health info

Last edited:
•••
Another Company has sold it's soul to the ....... Support DuckDuckGo.

•••
spam.jpg

now you can close this post....thanks!!

•••
One day we must all accept and bow to the power of giggle and their data mining capabilities. Just another brick in the wall.

•••
Anyone else using Google Trends?

•••
News just in...

Dear Valued Fitbit User,

Over 12 years ago, my co-founder, Eric Friedman, and I founded Fitbit with the vision of making the world healthier. I’m excited to share the next step in achieving that vision with you today. Fitbit has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Google. Read the full press release here.

What does this mean for you? For the immediate future, nothing changes. But the goal is that with Google’s resources and global platform, we will be able to innovate and bring you, and our millions of other users around the world, even more great products and services to support you on your health and wellness journeys. We know no one size fits all, so we are still dedicated to providing choice through a broad range of devices, software and services, and will continue to support both Android and iOS operating systems.

You, our users, are at the center of everything we do, and it’s important that you know that your trust is central to our mission and has been since day one. This will not change by joining Google. We are committed to the same strong data privacy and security protections. You will always be in control of your data, and we will remain transparent about the data we collect and why. We never sell your personal information, and Fitbit health and wellness data will not be used for Google ads.

Today’s announcement is just the first step in this process. The transaction is expected to close in 2020, subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by Fitbit’s stockholders and regulatory approvals.

When Eric and I started Fitbit, we could never have imagined the incredible community Fitbit would have today. Fitbit has more than 28 million active users around the globe and everything we do comes from our commitment to your health and wellbeing. None of this would be possible without you. So, my sincere thanks to you for being a loyal customer. I look forward to the next phase of our journey together!

the data is secure
that's industry news

good to know
thank you

•••
•••
For Smart watches there is little useful apps for them.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back