showcase First big sale ___ damnf*ckinghot.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ariff BD

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I got my first big sale. The domain is damnfuckinghot com

It was taken for 9800 usd from namecheap directly.

Though i asked him for 15000 & thought i would settle for 12k.But rediculously i forgot to change the price in Namecheap marketplace where i registered it & left it from the bigining.

So the buyer must have found it & taken it without telling me so i dont close the Namecheap sale & ask higher price.LOLS

Also i tried to sell it in Nampross sometimes in a way cheaper rate when i needed some cash,I was mad for getting a sale.

But I never expected such a big one in first year of domaining.

I handregistered it this year 2019.

A friend of mine once visited Thailand & explained the girls as damn fucking hot.I knew the term was cathcy so i registered it.

I started listing it in Godaddy,sedo & some other platform. But the best thing i did,i forwarded it to my facebook id. So somehow someone who put it in the browser,directly found me & contacted my fb inbox.

I did not notice the massage untill the 9th day,than while checking old massages in FB inbox, i found a blank profile asking me about the domain damnfuckinghot com. I was not as excited becasue i got offers from 100 to 600 usd previously.

But I replied him with my email id. I couldn't negotiate that much because only after two back to back mail, I found my domain was gone.

I asked him about NDA, so he was not interested to disclose his identity or contact.But said will have no problem if I share the story of my domain sold.

Here is the email i got from namecheap in my gmail

& this is my namecheap balance page after sale...

I did a lot of outbound with my mena & insurance domain but never forwarded them to my facebook. So now i am going to do that with all my domains.

Previously i sold customizedsmartphone com in 180 usd & cbdyahoo com in 125usd.

cbdyahoo com is developed & being used in ny based it company.You can check. This is my email of sale of cbdyahoo com that was not forwarded to facebook but outbound a lot to cannabis company.

wish you good luck for your domain sale. Wish me luck.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have the feeling that this is a fake sale report, let's see if I'm wrong. There are still residues of the old price of $299, so I can bet that nobody goes from $299 to $9800 in four months after registration, for a three world adult domain.

•••
Why would I get your proof with an email.
You want recognition for your sale, post full details here.

•••
If the sale happened then good for you.

I will say I am a bit skeptical of a long (3) word adult domain selling for almost $10K, when the OP has a "restricted" account as well.

Brad

•••
He didn't. He told me in DM, DamnF.. was sold for 40 USD on Namecheap. Though I didn't believe even this one too. But had to say "congrats".

Sorry Ariff, this is bad. :(
Shameful that he felt the need to manufacture this story.

Potential gain: strangers on the internet give you props.

Potential loss: your entire reputation.

The risk/reward doesn't pan out, boys and girls. Don't lie about sales.

•••
•••
Well maybe somebody who gave this guy their email, can post his proof.

Sorry, but this sale sounds insanely fake.

Please don't tell me your inventing a fake sale to create a comp past sales history of this domain, it will not work.

•••
NP has changed its so negative now.
now pros knocking others for their congrats
It's not a case of 'pros' knocking others for congrats, it's more the case of so many 'newbies' wanting to believe all/any reported sales as 'true', and not knowing or seeing the obviousness of truth stretching on a wtf reported sale.
The sad part to me was the exchange of so many likes to those calling this fake.
Some can see/tell the difference of what would/does sell. Others want to believe everything that looks/sounds great, to justify their 'it-could-happen-to-me-too' dreams.
I tried to share some positive knowledge and focus on something we know to be real
...and this was...what??

•••
I have the feeling that this is a fake sale report, let's see if I'm wrong. There are still residues of the old price of $299, so I can bet that nobody goes from $299 to $9800 in four months after registration, for a three world adult domain.
I had a similar feeling...

•••
Reading the original post I thought it was a high price for a name that would have limited application. In a lot of cases the domain would be filtered by peoples router settings or parental controls. Notice even namepros filters it, so immediately your market application is cut in half.

I am always rooting for members to have a big sale and was looking forward to it being legitimate. I am the very first person to be happy when a new member strikes gold.

Seeing his account closed pretty well confirms what everyone is thinking and therefore we can probably chalk this one up to someone being overzealous to post a sale.

•••
The sad part of this is all the gullible ‘domainers’ :xf.rolleyes: praising and congratulating on this obvious ‘as-if’ sale. good grief.

•••
Congratulations. Very interesting choice by the buyer. I certainly would not have expected such a domain to fetch a price like that.

You should submit the sale to DNjournal.com. I'm sure they would be very interested in reporting on it.

•••
FYI

WHOIS Update hasn't changed since May.

•••
You could say you can't post proof for privacy or any other reasons. Some people would believe some wouldn't. Some skeptic people would never believe even if they saw proofs. You don't have to care what people believe, don't have to email them. You have turned your thread into an email collection program. This is what I don't like.

As to your original post, I think it's possible. I believe you really sold it for 10k. The domain maybe worth more than 10k depending on end user. It is memorable, bears a powerful call to action message and has a good potential to become very popular and profitable if developed.

Last edited:
•••
Well for anyone reading this, it may be that this sale was a fake but let me say that I have had multiple sales of hand registered domains within 90 days of registration sell for $X,XXX. I haven't had one that quick for $XX,XXX yet though.

•••
Maybe you can relay to your friend :xf.wink: that for me at least when I am in the Report Completed Sales thread I am pretty free and easy with the Like or Thank button, and as long as some minimum content is posted I just press the Like/Thank. And in the vast majority of cases, I do believe the sales there are genuine. Of course I am a trusting person....
Agreed. It's a rare case that I question sales I see posted in the official reporting thread.

What is the level of vetting we are expected to do before clicking a like button or before saying congrats? Asking for a friend...
As reasonably intelligent people, I think we all have at least a moderate degree of instinct that can help us to notice red flags when sales like this one are posted:
  • Relatively new member.
  • No established trust or track record on NP or in domain industry.
  • Reporting a near five figure sale as basically his first sale.
  • Domain name has no sensible reason to command such an amount.
It's not to say that head-scratching names don't sell regularly for good sums of money (just ask Mike Mann), but... when a few of the above factors present themselves all at once, the responsible thing to do is to take a step back and ask a few questions before clicking that Like button.

Last edited:
•••
You have made such a big sale in your first year of domaining. It's very impressive.
Congrats!

•••
Can you share screen shot of payment received .
I can change my dislike to like your post .

•••
FYI

WHOIS Update hasn't changed since May.

I've sold names where the buyer didn't update whois for like 4 months, not saying this is the case here but just an FYI should this sale actually close.

•••
•••
Regardless of the reality of this particular sale, the issue reported here is a real one.
I left some on the table the last time I forgot to remove another BIN
In the end the domain was sold on the namecheap marketplace for less.

Forgetting a stray low price on a marketplace often gets found during negotiation.
Remember to re-check all your market places after an offer.

•••
Ofcourse it's fake. I've had to remove this person from numerous social accounts because of "unintelligent behavior".

•••
He didn't. He told me in DM, DamnF.. was sold for 40 USD on Namecheap. Though I didn't believe even this one too. But had to say "congrats".

Sorry Ariff, this is bad. :(

There were so many red flags with this "sale".

Fake it until you make it, I guess.

Brad

•••
Sure I gave a congrats, but do I believe the sale? I only believe in my sales tbh.
But yet you gave a 'like' to a sale that by your own admission, you don't really believe. ....ok.

•••
What is the level of vetting we are expected to do before clicking a like button or before saying congrats? Asking for a friend...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back