Firefox better than IE??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
37
Hi
I had an argument with my senior who is not willing to believe that Firefox is better than IE. I told him that firefox is world's most popular and widely used browser. Is this true?
Can anyone provide me the link where I can see the % usage of browsers in the world, preferably on some authentic website?
Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Firefox is a better than IE. I could write whole a lot about why, but the "101 things that the Mozilla browser can do that IE cannot" website pretty much covers my reasons.

Especially tabbed browsing is essential for me although in the end, details don't really matter to me, just as it works I'm fine with it. (As far as I think, IE doesn't succeed in functionalism, constant crashing and risk of being infected with malicious spyware makes it painful to use it.)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I would definately say more people use IE than Firefox. This is only because it is given to you when you purchase Windows. Most people are like your senior and don't know better.
 
0
•••
TheComputerGeek247 said:
I would definately say more people use IE than Firefox. This is only because it is given to you when you purchase Windows. Most people are like your senior and don't know better.

Of course, 90% of people would never download and install another browser, they think the internet IS the "internet explorer." haha.
 
0
•••
edwinfelix said:
FF is not the most used browser. IE still is. But FF is used by most experts and computer fans. FF's unbeatable advantage is that it's virus proof.

lol, good one! :yell:

thetzfreak said:
Yea, IE is definately more used, and FireFox runs smoother, but after going through many troubles, I realized that firefox is just messed up. Things don't work there that work on IE, and tables are screwed up sometimes, and there are just problems in general when making a website and previewing it with firefox.

firefox does not run smoother, it leeks memory at an alarming rate, IE7 does not
 
0
•••
Amnezia said:
lol, good one! :yell:



firefox does not run smoother, it leeks memory at an alarming rate, IE7 does not
Well actually it does run smoother, the excessive use of memory is there to speed up the tabbed browsing.
 
0
•••
Rowan W said:
Well actually it does run smoother, the excessive use of memory is there to speed up the tabbed browsing.

erm no...

firefox leaks memory it has nothing to do with the tabbed browsing lol
 
0
•••
The tabbed browsing actually makes it go slower. It kills your computer when you have too many tabs when Opera does not. (Well not to even close to the same degree as FF)

What's funny about that FF myths website is that it actually makes Opera look like the best browser...which in my opinion, it is.

"Reality - Opera (now 100% free) is the fastest Graphical Web Browser in Windows." - That is the main reason why I use Opera. Plus it looks so much nicer default.

As you can tell I'm an Opera junkie but not without reason.
 
0
•••
I earlier thought Firefox is better than IE. but IE is good!
 
0
•••
I must admit i have used IE for the last 6 yrs BUT Thress days ago I opted to trial firefox and i will for sure not go back to IE EVER Firefox is surley 100000% Better
Just my 2 cents :)
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back