NameSilo

Finding a domain broker (for portfolio of domain names)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have around 350+ domain names that I own - I'd say half of them are .com and they range from being worth a couple thousand $ to reg fee. I was wondering (and I apologise if this question is asked a lot) who/what website would it be best to go to sell all of these names. I'm not looking to pay money up front which doesn't depend on whether or not the name is sold or not - I'm looking for someone / a website that will take a commission (e.g. up to 20%) for each sale and would actively sell them (i.e. not just post them to a website and wait months for offers). Does a service like this exist and if not, what would be the best route for selling my names?

Thanks everyone

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reach out to any broker and sign an exclusivity contract. Of course you need to have decent names.

If all your names turn out to be reg fee to then, then post them on Sedo/Afternic and wait it out.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck.

•••
Reach out to any broker and sign an exclusivity contract. Of course you need to have decent names.

If all your names turn out to be reg fee to then, then post them on Sedo/Afternic and wait it out.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck.

Thank you, I definitely appreciate the response. I'd say I have a decent portfolio of names however I'm fully aware that not all of the names are worth much. Would it be best to create a list of the names I believe are worth over a certain amount and then just post the others to auction or a place to park them? Do you know of any brokers that do this? Or what might be a reasonable % of the total for a broker?

•••
Yes, keep your top 20/40 and auction off the rest and take whatever you can for them. Then fire that list off at a broker and see what they say.

Alternatively you can post that top list in the Make an offer section on NamePros and see what offers (if any) you get.

•••
There are some brokers on the DomainSherpa.com website.

% vary probably between 10% and 30%.

•••
I charge 12%. Lets have a look and we can take it from there.

•••
If I found some brokers how can I choose the right one? I have to look only about the percentage or not?

•••
reputation, credibility, past sales.

•••
•••
Hi,
I have around 350+ domain names that I own - I'd say half of them are .com and they range from being worth a couple thousand $ to reg fee. I was wondering (and I apologise if this question is asked a lot) who/what website would it be best to go to sell all of these names. I'm not looking to pay money up front which doesn't depend on whether or not the name is sold or not - I'm looking for someone / a website that will take a commission (e.g. up to 20%) for each sale and would actively sell them (i.e. not just post them to a website and wait months for offers). Does a service like this exist and if not, what would be the best route for selling my names?

Thanks everyone

if you are not sure of their values, or are using estibot to say some are worth 2k+ and some are regfee, then you can always post the list here in appraisal forum, and some experienced domainers (incuding maybe a broker or two) can tel you in few words if your domains will be considered by pro brokers.

you can give link or attachment to not have the names indexed with google.

gl

•••
Hi

take a look thru the appraisal section and then take a peep at some of the "Top Domains and Liquid Domains for sale" sections.

then figure where your names fit, from that summary

if they are better or as good as, the best of the best, from the "Top and/Liquid" sections, then maybe they are worthy of a brokers time and effort.

if they fit in with "reg-fee" appraisals, then maybe not.

there is also a "Brokers Wanted" section, where you can post a few of your best names and if interested, maybe a "qualified" person will respond.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
if you are not sure of their values, or are using estibot to say some are worth 2k+ and some are regfee, then you can always post the list here in appraisal forum, and some experienced domainers (incuding maybe a broker or two) can tel you in few words if your domains will be considered by pro brokers.

you can give link or attachment to not have the names indexed with google.

gl

Never used esitbot as I think it's impossible for a program to give a domain name a value due to the ever-changing domain name market as well as certain words value with certain extensions, domains that play on words, niche markets, etc. I've been in the business around 12 years and have a pretty good idea of the value of my names, even going as far as valuing them slightly lower than I think (because everyone thinks their names are worth more than they are 99% of the time). I certainly know which of the names are the most valuable of the bunch although it's always good to hear a second opinion I guess!

•••
Is this boris? I got you on Skype I might be able to help

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back