Dynadot

question Findapc.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I recently asked for peoples opinions in the appraisal section and got some helpful feedback.

Since then I have had results I didn't expect, so I thought firstly I will share them and secondly ask a couple of questions of the community.

Strangely, I decided to keep it UK based and sell computing products to the UK. Big mistake, however to find that our I have had some small successes.

Since last Monday, 16th November 2014 until this morning, my google analytics reads;

Sessions: 280
Users: 270
Pageviews: 578
Pages/Session: 2.06
Avg Session Duration: 00:06:42
Bounce Rate: 51.79%
% New Sessions: 96.43%

Here is the mistake, that actually serves as good research. Hits from Countries;

USA: 261 (93.21%)
UK: 15 (5.36)
Albania: 1
Ireland: 1
Italy: 1
Sri Lanka: 1

So without any sort of push, advertisement or PPC I have managed to have plenty of visitors. This tells me that actually there is a lot of potential for this domain to take off, if it is developed and has the right direction. More importantly I think I need to take advantage of the USA traffic and actually market the US Amazon Affiliate program instead.

Questions:

Where do I go from here, is it worth trying to sell it because of the traffic?
2. What is with the traffic? Acquisition says 259 came direct and 21 organic, so why would this happen without any marketing effort?

There are probably more questions but I can't think of them now!

thanks

Wakeh!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well since it doesn't look like the domain was built out to a site in the past I would say that it is either type in traffic or domainers typing in your domain when you put it up for appraisal here :)

•••
I think some of it could have been from here, yea. I don't think 280 of the visits were, perhaps the domain is better than first expected?

When I bought it, I did think perhaps it would get direct traffic but I buy all my domains on that merit, it never works out this way though!

•••
You can try to develop a minisite with ADsense and hope you'd able to monetize this traffic.
Or try to park it on Voodoo / Bodis.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back