Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Feedback on DM offers

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
15,012
This company is sending me a promo via DM. They state that they have partnered with @NamePros for this.

Not appreciated.
Apologies. We believe it's a solid offer for a limited number of valuable members like yourself.

Simply reply "not interested" or Mute the conversation to not be bothered again.

We appreciate your feedback.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
@Unstoppable Domains has already committed to doing better on this front: https://www.namepros.com/threads/unstoppable-domains-official-thread.1340376/page-8#post-9405683

But it seems like they could use another friendly reminder.

Thanks for bringing that one up...
We'll do better on comms

It appears they certainly need a reminder about what they said, as they have not improved on Comms at all. There have been at least a few times since that post where prices have changed, and domainers have been notified after the fact.
 
6
•••
'Sort by points':
1781671146661.png
 
Last edited:
10
•••

The above text doesn’t make sense to leave because of ai or similar issues. We should approach this as a business, would you walk away from your daily bread because of criticism or whatso no one should walk away from their business over something so minor.

Lets stay focused and resilient in the face of challenges
 
5
•••
LDJ You're thinking a bit too much on my behalf, that's annoying.
 
3
•••
The above text doesn’t make sense to leave because of ai or similar issues. We should approach this as a business, would you walk away from your daily bread because of criticism or whatso no one should walk away from their business over something so minor.
Let's set the record straight.

@Future Sensors is a giver, not a taker.

On that point, mods and members have never disagreed.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
LDJ You're thinking a bit too much on my behalf, that's annoying.
I was replying to URL stream, and hey, don't be mad; the truth can be painful. It's usually just the ladies who do that.
 
0
•••
Let's set the record straight.

@Future Sensors is a giver, not a taker.

On that point, mods and members have never disagreed.
If you are someone who gives, does that imply that when your child misbehaves, you abandon them? I'm curious about how you all think.
 
0
•••
I conclude my argument.
 
0
•••
I was replying to URL stream, and hey, don't be mad; the truth can be painful. It's usually just the ladies who do that.
While I do take responsibility for quoting that post, the OP was @Chris Co, and I'm not authorized to speak on his behalf.

If you are someone who gives, does that imply that when your child misbehaves, you abandon them? I'm curious about how you all think.
We are not privy to the reason behind Future Sensors' disappearance.

For all we know, he may have actually taken a leave of absence to tend to his misbehaving children. 🤗

I conclude my argument.
Thank you for that.
 
Last edited:
4
•••
2
•••
Just to be clear, I'm not dependent on any forum for my business. I don't do business here, and I never have. I get that some people might rely on the platform in different ways, but that's simply not my situation. For me, it's always been more about contributing to the community, especially in the discussion sections, than needing anything from the forum itself.

I've always had this internal drive to help other investors and marketplaces grow, become better domain investors, and push the industry forward. That's genuinely what motivates me. But of course, certain experiences can shift that balance. When the frustration starts outweighing the enjoyment, I naturally lean toward spending my time elsewhere. I have plenty of other interests, and they deserve attention too.
 
29
•••
Just to be clear, I'm not dependent on any forum for my business. I don't do business here, and I never have. I get that some people might rely on the platform in different ways, but that's simply not my situation. For me, it's always been more about contributing to the community, especially in the discussion sections, than needing anything from the forum itself.

I've always had this internal drive to help other investors and marketplaces grow, become better domain investors, and push the industry forward. That's genuinely what motivates me. But of course, certain experiences can shift that balance. When the frustration starts outweighing the enjoyment, I naturally lean toward spending my time elsewhere. I have plenty of other interests, and they deserve attention too.
If you leave again, please let me know - I might start a Future Sensors-friendly forum. In fact, I would probably restrict it to posts only from Future Sensors, then there would be no need for mods. Though you may get sick of talking to yourself. Hmm, that plan may need a bit more thought... ;)
 
11
•••
Namepros rules (about DM spam) are breaking by namepros.
As they got money from Brady(UnstoppableDomains)

What will be next?
A list of domains from Swetha :ROFL:

Kill Me Smh GIF
 
Last edited:
1
•••
There's definitely room for NamePros to play a central role in sharing domain coupons, discounts, and good deals. I've even mentioned this exact thing to Bravo and Tech in private chats before. The idea isn't the problem, it's how it was rolled out. For a lot of us, DMs feel personal, almost like a sacred corner of the forum, and using them for paid promos just doesn't sit right.

Maybe a simple fix would be adding a separate button next to the DM envelope, where people can see a stream of deals they've actually chosen to receive. That way, the forum can still explore new ways of monetization without stepping into spaces that feel private.

I'm not against NamePros earning revenue. I've even tossed around MANY ideas for forum & lander-based revenue that would fit the community vibe instead of clashing with it. NamePros knows this.

In the end, it's all about balance, feeling the culture, respecting what makes the community feel like a community, and finding ways to introduce ads or promos without breaking that connection. Done thoughtfully, it could even be something I'd genuinely get excited about.

But sending a paid ad through DM, that wasn't it.

Enjoy your day.
 
22
•••
There's definitely room for NamePros to play a central role in sharing domain coupons, discounts, and good deals. I've even mentioned this exact thing to Bravo and Tech in private chats before. The idea isn't the problem, it's how it was rolled out. For a lot of us, DMs feel personal, almost like a sacred corner of the forum, and using them for paid promos just doesn't sit right.

Maybe a simple fix would be adding a separate button next to the DM envelope, where people can see a stream of deals they've actually chosen to receive. That way, the forum can still explore new ways of monetization without stepping into spaces that feel private.

I'm not against NamePros earning revenue. I've even tossed around MANY ideas for forum & lander-based revenue that would fit the community vibe instead of clashing with it. NamePros knows this.

In the end, it's all about balance, feeling the culture, respecting what makes the community feel like a community, and finding ways to introduce ads or promos without breaking that connection. Done thoughtfully, it could even be something I'd genuinely get excited about.

But sending a paid ad through DM, that wasn't it.

Enjoy your day.

Love the idea, can I just add a small bit to it:

If there was to be a separate icon next to the bell and envelope, then please do not also show a red badge count when you have new messages as this would be very distracting. Maybe just make the icon itself red instead of white or something else minor.
 
Last edited:
4
•••
For a lot of us, DMs feel personal, almost like a sacred corner of the forum, and using them for paid promos just doesn't sit right.

Yep, the email notification was titled: 'Unstoppable Domains started a conversation with you: "You're whitelisted for Domainer Club discounts & exclusive auctions"'

started a conversation?
 
4
•••
Yep, the email notification was titled: 'Unstoppable Domains started a conversation with you: "You're whitelisted for Domainer Club discounts & exclusive auctions"'

started a conversation?
Exactly. It felt like

Fly.png
 
2
•••
Maybe a simple fix would be adding a separate button next to the DM envelope, where people can see a stream of deals they've actually chosen to receive. That way, the forum can still explore new ways of monetization without stepping into spaces that feel private.
Copycat.
1781879059793.png
 
4
•••
it could even be something I'd genuinely get excited about.

.... special, secret , whitelisted discounts, and exclusive club offers are dot .not

But sending a paid ad through DM, that wasn't it.

Enjoy your day.

unstable , underground, uns__able & in the past there was ___ unhac_able etc

(aside, nP ... without drama+ma ... hard to imagine :)
 
2
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back