Dynadot

discuss Favorite venue for selling domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is your sales venue of choice?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Afternic

votes
    39.6%
  • Sedo

votes
    13.2%
  • Flippa

vote
    1.9%
  • Dan

votes
    37.7%
  • Epik Marketplace

votes
    15.1%
  • GoDaddy Aftermarket

votes
    11.3%
  • NamePros Marketplace

votes
    11.3%
  • Uniregistry Marketplace

votes
    9.4%
  • Namesilo Marketplace

votes
    0.0%
  • Dynadot Marketplace

vote
    1.9%
  • Own Portfolio Site

votes
    17.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
Hi guys and gals,

Built up a name base over the last few years. Looking to expand my reach, what is your favorite venue for selling your domains? Why is it your favorite- is it because your most sales occur there, ease of use, payout methods/speed, confidence, turnover rate, listing page, brokerage options etc.

I am going to include a poll, might not have every marketplace/venue conceivable on there.

Thx!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So all my domains are listed with BIN plus “Submit Enquiry” on the landers. Most of the time buyers contact via the submit enquiry option. So my commissions vary.

At buyers’ requests, I have used Escrow at Uni for 10 sales, one on a payment plan. I have also used Uni’s own in-house payment plan, which is absolutely perfect. Uni handled all the payment and transfer administration. I just received the payments as if it was a normal single transaction.
That's great. I enjoy their domain sale presentation to buyers as well, and their interface too. Have inputted several names there for the first time ever, it will be a long-term commitment for me for many of my domains to these various marketplaces, until they sell. Thanks for sharing your own with Uni. Proper handling of monies and transfers is a keeper.

As a related thread, discovered this one which also has excellent input and analysis by many other NP investors, for anyone looking to expand their knowledge on marketplaces:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-afternic-gd-epik-dan-other.1162239/

Also, that last post I shared,
Accidentally deleted an email from NameSilo for verifying a fast transfer opt-in for a domain I had added to Afternic. So removed and relisted the domain, to receive the NS email again. But alas, twas not to be. Several times, have I removed and added the name back to Afternic, but nothing is triggering the opt-in email again from NameSilo. It's like you only get one chance or something.
turns out you do get a second chance, by simply listing a new name. Once you receive the opt-in email and click the link, any other domains from NameSilo will also show up on the opt-in list, thus giving the chance to accept. So did so, and all is well.

•••
Spent the better part of the week adding names to various marketplaces. This is a first for me, using anyone outside of Sedo.

A few of the names I tried to add to Afternic and Uni would not allow, coming up with errors. In all of those cases, these were due to the names already being listed! How is this possible? Well, many sellers have done as I am doing, it is old news for them. They listed these names in the past, but never removed them after they no longer own the names.

This is why it's important to keep track. Track your crap. Don't make someone else scoop your poop.

So here's what I've learned as far:

• Sedo continues to be somewhat annoying, in terms of DN verification. But they are steady and true.

• Epik landers are by far the most appealing AND usable I have seen.

• Uniregistry chat support took care of delisting defunct names from the system AND adding them to my account immediately. ++

• Afternic support via email took care of delisting defunt names so that I could add them, but took quite a bit more effort and time. However they got it done.

• Afternic landers are horrible, there is no indication on them that the domain is avail for purchase other than contacting Afternic. As such, I have decided to use Epik for almost all of my nameservers. Make Offer only.

• Dan is interesting. All names listed on there, will see how things progress.

• Using Afternic as my sole Buy Now, though domains will only be found via an internal search. All other marketplaces with the same names set as Make Offer.

• Have not listed anything on Namesilo, Flippa or Dyna yet. I have bought names using Flippa in the past though.

Will continue to use my own portfolio site for majority of my domains, as in the end I really believe "Pride of Ownership" shines through this method, though I believe the method is more suitable for long-term holds where patience is key, for the discriminating buyer so to speak.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back