Dynadot

discuss Fast Flipping new registered gTLDs on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ComboNames

ComboNames.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hey guys,
I'm always curious how can people flip new registered domains too fast , I mean as a buyer I always go with old domains , not only for SEO things , but also I take in consideration that the holder care enough to pay the renewals for all those years , that means something , not like buying a new domain name which is clear that the seller has just paid 8$ for it and in two days he is asking for +500$ .
But until now I'm still seeing on Flippa that users still selling those kind of new registered domains and they're making sales and getting bids more than others.
For example :
Get.Digital is only 26 days old and is already sold on Flippa for 1,100$
https://flippa.com/5243779

HookahPens.com is only 4 months old and is already sold on Flippa for 500$
https://flippa.com/5166873
So what do you think guys ? do you need to be lucky to flip new registered domains ? or it's all about advertising and promoting your flippa listing ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope I can get a legit answer .

•••
1. .com is not a nGTLD

2. get.digtal sounds like a really good name.. not surprised it got flipped on Flippa quickly for so much

:)

•••
I don't know.. I can't even get a bid for L60 .com on flippa..

What's the magic?

•••
- promoting the auction list
- interesting & make sense description
- luck

any other?

try search some flippa ebook too, there is sometime a sausage secrets, dont forget if you have, share to me too :D

•••
I don't know.. I can't even get a bid for L60 .com on flippa..

What's the magic?
What are you doing daily to drive perspective buyers to your auction?

•••
•••

this is what it's all about with auctions.

how much work are you willing to put in, to "bring potential buyers" to the table?

•••
- promoting the auction list
- interesting & make sense description
- luck

any other?

try search some flippa ebook too, there is sometime a sausage secrets, dont forget if you have, share to me too :D
I believe it's all about Promoting and Luck , you can keep reading all type of domaining ebooks but that won't help you to get buyers , no one want to share the real tricks

•••
this is what it's all about with auctions.

how much work are you willing to put in, to "bring potential buyers" to the table?

It's more like How much money are you willing to put in to bring potential buyers !!

•••
It's more like How much money are you willing to put in to bring potential buyers !!

You can either use your time or your money.. But if the domain is bad none of those will help in the end.

•••
You can either use your time or your money.. But if the domain is bad none of those will help in the end.
I have seen many bad domains being sold for x,xxx$ , so it's all about finding the right buyer

•••
I have seen many bad domains being sold for x,xxx$ , so it's all about finding the right buyer

Sure, but those sales most likely didn't come from Flippa but from the end user advertising from the seller. Also, a "bad domain" can be a very subjective opinion..

•••
I wouldnt bother with Flippa. Mostly very conservative developers and investors on there. You will never make a good profit, its like selling on NP, you will never make a good sale.

Go out there, talk to companies and avoid selling to domainers, that's just re-selling, not selling, so don't call it 'selling'.

Also if you have some very good names hold onto them for 5 years.

•••
I wouldnt bother with Flippa. Mostly very conservative developers and investors on there. You will never make a good profit, its like selling on NP, you will never make a good sale.

Go out there, talk to companies and avoid selling to domainers, that's just re-selling, not selling, so don't call it 'selling'.

Also if you have some very good names hold onto them for 5 years.
Not really , companies also know about Flippa , and they do bid on good domains , you can check some of the last domain sales that turned into business website or a phone app.

•••
What do you suggest us to do? Besides paying for the upgrades? By the way I guess you need to add an "Adequate for Premium" option to Flippa ; that means before upgrading domain , user need to contact flippa support (or some other department) to check if the domain worth upgrading or not (may be users will pay some fees for this) , but at least they won't be spending +300$ and end up selling the domain for 10$ , or not selling it at all (take in consideration that you're giving the upgrade one time, that means if he didn't sell the domain & relist it again with the free option you offer , he will be getting just a regular listing) !!!

•••
Only time I ever have any luck is if I end up emailing the company with my offer and a really nice sales pitch. I have more luck with that than just allowing my domains to sit somewhere and wait for someone to bite. But yeah I too would like to know how I can bring more customers without actually having to go out and email them, that's where I'm lacking right now.

•••
Skill, Luck, and Work.

So to put it into 3 steps
Find a great name (this takes some skill).
Keep your fingers crossed that you win the name (this takes some luck). *If its a great name, it should be one of the first ones to go in Early Access/GA especially if its at reg. fee**.
Now get people to see that your name is for sale (this takes some work).

Honestly, that is all there is to it.
Many people make the mistake of just putting a domain up on a site (Flippa/Sedo) and expecting that the site will get the right eyes on the domain names.
Sometimes that happens because people looking for domain names will frequent those sites BUT if you want to have it turn around faster, then you need to put in some foot work (posts, links, direct emails...etc).

*edit* Forgot to mention to be flexible on your pricing. Everyone wants that million dollar domain name, but in all reality the domain may be realistically priced at a few hundred dollars. This is where reg. fee is soo important. You buy a domain for $20 and turn around and sell it for $200, you made 10x your money...

Just my thoughts.
Cheers

•••
Skill, Luck, and Work.

So to put it into 3 steps
Find a great name (this takes some skill).
Keep your fingers crossed that you win the name (this takes some luck). *If its a great name, it should be one of the first ones to go in Early Access/GA especially if its at reg. fee**.
Now get people to see that your name is for sale (this takes some work).

Honestly, that is all there is to it.
Many people make the mistake of just putting a domain up on a site (Flippa/Sedo) and expecting that the site will get the right eyes on the domain names.
Sometimes that happens because people looking for domain names will frequent those sites BUT if you want to have it turn around faster, then you need to put in some foot work (posts, links, direct emails...etc).

*edit* Forgot to mention to be flexible on your pricing. Everyone wants that million dollar domain name, but in all reality the domain may be realistically priced at a few hundred dollars. This is where reg. fee is soo important. You buy a domain for $20 and turn around and sell it for $200, you made 10x your money...

Just my thoughts.
Cheers

I hate selling names under $1,000.
Great if you are a flipper.

•••
I hate selling names under $1,000.
Great if you are a flipper.

Two elements to this:
Speed vs. Price.

If you want to sell fast... then you must come down on price (as a general rule of thumb).
If you want to sell high price... then you will have to wait a long time (as a general rule of thumb).

Remember the title for this thread is fast flipping new registered gTLDs.
The OP is looking for ways to flip fast and that is directly proportional to price.

Just an example, how fast would you say "Computer(dot)com would be snatched up for $500?
How fast would it be picked up at $5,000,000?
Price is proportional to sales speed.

You may not like selling a name for under $1k, but if you want it sold fast.... then you have to make adjustments and maybe get outside your comfort zone.

Just an opinion.

Cheers

•••
Two elements to this:
Speed vs. Price.
I totally agree with that , but the thing is that even if you wait years and keep holding domains you will never get sales , only if you post them on some domain market (flippa , sedo , forums..etc) , and you're in the right marketplace , then you may get fast & good sales.

•••
I totally agree with that , but the thing is that even if you wait years and keep holding domains you will never get sales , only if you post them on some domain market (flippa , sedo , forums..etc) , and you're in the right marketplace , then you may get fast & good sales.
Agree. Also great names sells without publicity. (one words) More money in your pockets (no escrow,comission)

•••
I covered this in my first post when I stated "Many people make the mistake of just putting a domain up on a site (Flippa/Sedo) and expecting that the site will get the right eyes on the domain names....BUT if you want to have it turn around faster, then you need to put in some foot work (posts, links, direct emails...etc)".

As keeping with your original question of "how can people flip new registered domains too fast" and the title of this thread "fast flipping new registered gTLDs"

I will refer back to my first post in answering those questions.
Skill
Luck
Work
(also add in PRICE... which I made an edit for)

Skill is used in PICKING the best domain names. A crap name is not going to sell.... PERIOD!

Luck come into play in actually obtaining the domains. If its a great name... many people will be going after it. You need luck on your side to get it.

Work comes in, after you obtain the name and put it on an auction site... you now need to get as many people as possible to the auction site (Sedo/Flippa...etc). You have to put in the foot work and send out the links, make the posts, and send out the emails. Get the word out that this domain is up for sale.

Lastly.... you have to be flexible in your pricing. Everyone wants the big score... but the chances of that happening is a long shot.

Just a suggestion, maybe start looking at pricing as (x times your money). In other words, if you bought a domain name for $10 and get an offer of $100, maybe look at that offer as you are making 10 times your money. If speed is your goal... then it is possible to make a lot of smaller deals if you price the names to sell.

Just remember, none of the auction sites (Sedo/Flippa/GD... etc) are sites where you can just leave a domain name and forget about it... with the hopes of making a fast sale.
You will need to put in the work to get the eyes on your names. You will need to be flexible in your pricing and be willing to take a good offer...BUT don't sell yourself short.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back