IT.COM

new gtlds Famous Four sells $2.1 Million in domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Famous Four Media (FFM) is now selling premium domain names in some of their new gTLD extensions through the registrar channel. Since launching the premium domain program three months ago FFM has sold 320 domains ranging in 8 pricing levels.
“In the month of August, Famous Four Media reported a transaction value for premium names in excess of $2.1million.”
“Famous Four Media’s premium names vary in price from a very affordable $200 through to its super-premium names valued in the 6 to 7 figure range.”

.Science, .Party and .Win are among its top contributors.

Source: The Domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What would it take for the registry to publish the premium deals?

•••
That's sooo awesome for Famous Four Media (FFM)!!!

Edit: I'm being facetious in case someone reads into my post wrongly.

Last edited:
•••
Since launching the premium domain program three months ago FFM has sold 320 domains ranging in 8 pricing levels.
“In the month of August, Famous Four Media reported a transaction value for premium names in excess of $2.1million.”
“Famous Four Media’s premium names vary in price from a very affordable $200 through to its super-premium names valued in the 6 to 7 figure range.”

.Science, .Party and .Win are among its top contributors.

I just have to comment of this thread,and others like it, again because it bugs me.

So they've sold 320 of their premium domains that they kept back and they only made $2.1million?
That seems pretty sad for "Premium" domains when some of them are "valued" in the 6 to 7 figure range?
That doesn't made me want to pay their "very affordable $200-$100,000+" price range.

Yes I know I don't have to buy on from them, so you don't have to tell me that, I won't.

DNpric.es staff only knows of 4 or 5 sales to date? And this is from August sales. I would believe DNpric.es over the registry.
Seems risky if the registry can only make $2.1million on their premium and "super-premium" domains.

8 pricing levels seriously? No wonder these will take forever for end users to adopt them.

•••
If only we saw the sales and get more transparency of what is going on in each registry. Some are more open than the others. Will keep talking to all of them.

•••
They are going to burn their bridges with us pretty soon.

They have burned bridges with some of us already!

If the chinese bubble pops specially in the NNN, NNNN, NNNNN, NNNNNN, LLL, LLLL, whatever market, the registries/registrars will be hurting and there will be millions and millions of drops in all tlds.

Everyone will go back to .com as the ashes fall around it.

People won't be renewing many of the 6N and 7N domains when they time comes if they own 1000's with very little buyers or interest to support renewing them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back