IT.COM

domain fameflu.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Irrelevant

Impact
Hello,

1. Acquisition Reason:
Just because it was available for first-time registration and the words seemed to make sense at the moment.

2. Markets:
Celebrity blogs or sites where somebody would PR themselves.
Remotely could be associated with healthcare, i.e. a site offering services from star doctors who treat flu.

3-5. Research, End-User Value, Reseller Value:

-

6-7. No traffic or revenue

8. Age:

1 year, expiring soon

9. Miscellaneous:

I don't think it was smart of me to buy a domain without really needing it.
All I want to know is whether there is a chance I could cover some of the cost by reselling it.
Still, I think it's potentially brandable, since it's short, and the two words start with the same letter.

Regards and thanks for the help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flu has a negative connotation. Fame and flu don't really go together. Famefu (like kung fu) would be a better name.

The problem here is that someone has to come along to want a celebrity gossip blog. Building one out requires a lot of work. And if someone were to do this kind of work, then they have 10,000 better names they could choose from than yours.

You'd be lucky to ever get the $77 you're asking for on your landing page. This is the kind of name that might get one inquiry every 5-10 years. In 5 years you'd have already spent $50 on registration fees. This is not a good business strategy.

Chalk it up as a loss and learn to pick better names.

•••
Hi,
It's 7L and two common english words. With time maybe you can profit a few bucks, the key word being time.
I personally don't like it, sounds off, and not a great combination.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back