Dynadot

Fake Traffic At Sedo Listings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMiNIC

Account Suspended
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I made a similar observation when the wii's came out!!!!!!!

How on earth can these people get away with it??

Surely Sedo monitor things like this or are they making to much money from it, and not doing anything about?

•••
•••
Wow, that’s pretty obvious, huh?

-Kimmy

•••
a half million visitors a month :o ....They sure aren't trying to hide anything huh.

•••
Domain Popularity: http://www.tipsurf.com
PageRank: 0/10
Alexa Rank: Unranked

Link Popularity:
Incoming Google Links: 0
Incoming Yahoo Links: 1
Incoming MSN Links: 0
Incoming Alexa Links: 1
DMOZ Listed: No
Archive.org Listed: Yes

500,000 visitors Per month of 2 incoming links, pr0 no alexa rank.

How do they manipulate the figures like that? and how do they get away with it?

•••
And most of the domain names are really crappy. I do not know how they get huge traffic.

•••
Well this thread alone has probably given them 50 or more visits.

Could it be that they are using paid advertising programs and sending the traffic to there Sedo listing? Or perhaps e-mail campaings(spam). Or maybe they forward other DNs with alot of traffic to the DN they are most trying to sell on Sedo?

I don't do it but there are many ways to increase the Sedo traffic.

I prefer to sit back and watch the REAL traffic my DNs receive.

•••
GreenGambler said:
Could it be that they are using paid advertising programs and sending the traffic to there Sedo listing? Or perhaps e-mail campaings(spam). Or maybe they forward other DNs with alot of traffic to the DN they are most trying to sell on Sedo?

I don't do it but there are many ways to increase the Sedo traffic.

I prefer to sit back and watch the REAL traffic my DNs receive.

My point is that the traffic has to be fake. 500,000 hits should provide the hyphenated version some amount of traffic but it does not receive any at all.

•••
Why does it "have to be fake"?

If they are using paid ads and spaming and other things. As long as they enter the link URL correctly ei:www.tipsurf.com and not www.tip-surf.com, you wouldn't get traffic.

I go to Namepros.com all the time but I've never been to Name-Pros.com...

Or maybe they have an inside man @ Sedo who is manipulating the data... LOL

What else could they do? Hack into Sedo's database and manipulate? Did you contact Sedo, ask them... see what they say.

•••
That's a huge amount based on the general info. I was just trying to think what legitimately could give it that kind of traffic. zHeres all I can come up with.

One, is a typo. Most logical is "topsurf.com". Tthe "i" and "o" are next to each other on the keyboard. topsurf.com is apparently a prepaid internet service for that according to their site is in Europe an caters to US service members. "top surf" also has a large amount of links in google some for surfboard equipment, of which someone maybe published the typo of.

Second theory would be a DOS attack on that domain.

•••
Not familar with the owners but they likely just forward traffic from other domains to that one to build the traffic.. Not saying it's wrong or right.. Just saying if they have 10 domains doing 50,000 hits a month each.. They just forward that traffic and make it look like they have a monster..

The keywords they used on this one might be worth more $$ then the ones they would have on the domains they're using to forward.. Anyone who has 500,000 hits a month or the ability to produce that kind of traffic likely has a strong connection with their acct manager at Sedo and I'm sure the matter will be given the proper attention.

I'm almost positive this is how they did it.. Those with names on Sedos top traffic list often own HUGE portfolios of PPC traffic earners that they simply forward to one or more names they need to beef up the traffic on.

Last edited:
•••
The most important point is that the domain is incapable of generating such traffic on its own - thus illegit, fake, worthless. This has been going on for years at Sedo. Common sense trumps "hard stats", not always ... but often.

•••
HuskyDomains said:
Not familar with the owners but they likely just forward traffic from other domains to that one to build the traffic.. Not saying it's wrong or right.. Just saying if they have 10 domains doing 50,000 hits a month each.. They just forward that traffic and make it look like they have a monster..

The keywords they used on this one might be worth more $$ then the ones they would have on the domains they're using to forward.. Anyone who has 500,000 hits a month or the ability to produce that kind of traffic likely has a strong connection with their acct manager at Sedo and I'm sure the matter will be given the proper attention.

I'm almost positive this is how they did it.. Those with names on Sedos top traffic list often own HUGE portfolios of PPC traffic earners that they simply forward to one or more names they need to beef up the traffic on.

Is this not against the Terms and Conditions at Sedo?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back