NameSilo

Fake sale

Labeled as status-replied in NamePros Community Help, started by Dot.us, Nov 27, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. kite26

kite26 Fearless Bird VIP

I have added moderator on our conversation.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Daniel Owens

Daniel Owens Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Could almost be spoken as "socks" even though it's soks. It is nice domain and two hundred is a bargain, I see someone tried to snap it up. I suggest new seller push before payment or maybe take $100 first (half) then expect $100 after push. I mean something needs to be done to assure people they'll get domain.

3. Samer

Samer Restricted (15-30%)

noticed :) Dw much appreciate :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  4. Daniel Owens

Daniel Owens Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

What he should have done is list it for $207 (to cover fees which is allowed I think as long as you aren't quote stating + fees) then him take regular paypal.

5. Samer

Exactly. it’s a compromise.

Pay lil extra for fees; PayPal Seller Protection;

Which we sorely need. Be careful;
    When filing a chargeback; it may not matter if he transfers the money to another Paypal acc; Now anything outside of big PR campaign PP; (thread to shame them) wont get $200 back. not foolproof; but not pay FF aimless; helps

6. wallet2it

wallet2it Deep Thinker @ DeepThink.org @ Learning.cc VIP

Agree on the good name part...however, I would not recommend sending any money first even for $100....it seems fishy no feedback and recent member and not accepting any dan, escrow or even normal PayPal

7. kite26

kite26 Fearless Bird VIP

Guys it's late here. See you on morning!

8. Samer

If the thread’s not deleted! (Outside OP&mod)
    hey @Alfa Mod Team @Bravo Mod Team @Echo Mod Team

Try not to delete this entire thread!
    (after due diligence, proves not own it;
    I wrote nice info to prevent future scam attempt

Author easily prevent this by prove ownership

9. wallet2it

wallet2it Deep Thinker @ DeepThink.org @ Learning.cc VIP

@Dot.us

I would suggest change the title to member's name in question instead of the domain name tho because if he doesn't own the name. We might permanently damage another person's domain.

10. cyc

cyc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I also asked them about it too;

Me: "Why don't you accept normal PayPal payment rather than friends and family option?"

They: "because I cannot use the payment for 21 days. How do you not know that?"

He seems like a professional scammer..

11. Zanok

Zanok Loading... VIP

I was the first to reach out to him about this fake bargain.

After he asked multiple times to get paid first, I tested him by offering $400 (x2 his asking price) if he provides a valid Auth Code before I send payment... and he declined. During the same conversation, he even provided 2 different PayPal email addresses.

He kept saying that it's urgent... If you're a trustable person and you need money that much, you're supposed to accept this deal without hesitation... Right? :clown:

@Alfa Mod Team has been added to the conversation since the beginning, so there's no need to provide screenshots here.

Nice try! (y)

With all these desperate and brainless domain scammers, I'm slowly but surely thinking about starting a YouTube channel. Pranking and wasting their precious time would be so satisfying.

Next Kitboga? :ROFL:

12. cyc

cyc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

End of the story then : )

13. Echo Mod Team

Echo Mod Team Member Services, NamePros Super Moderator VIP

14. Echo Mod Team

Hello,

We just finished reviewing the negotiation and found the following:

1. The buyer contacted the seller requesting that the domain be transfer prior to payment confirmation.
    2. The seller Did not agree and reminded the buyer that payment is traditionally made first.
    3. The buyer then offered to pay via Paypal if the seller could accept payment that way.
    4. The seller negotiated the payment terms requesting friends and family.
    5. The buyer did not agree to pay via friends and family.
    6. The buyer requested proof of ownership sent to their email and was never able to confirm the receipt of that proof.
    7. The seller renegotiated Paypal, provided a different paypal email than the first negotiation, requesting friends and family again.
    8. The buyer did not agree to friends and family, once again and requested that the domain be transfered first.
    It is in this moderator teams opinion that the above negotiation was never fortified into an agreement since neither party were able to agree on the exact payment method or whether to send the domain or to pay first.

There needs to be an iron clad agreement made during the negotiation process. Otherwise the deal can be voided, since neither party were able to agree on the terms of the sale.

Note: If both, the buyer and seller had agreed to some specific terms, it would have been binding and neither party would be able to back out of it.

In this case, negotiations never completed and the deal is now void.

Sorry it didn't work out.

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/soks-com.3167750/

15. Dot.us

Dot.us Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Add to convo

16. Echo Mod Team

17. griff

griff Account Closed (Requested) VIP

Yeah I googled the profile's timezone the moment I thought about it. Mehmet Gunes back at it again with another 4L.com scam...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice