IT.COM

Fake GoDaddy email? Someone tried to log in to my acc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Got this today, from [email protected]

"Confirm Your Identify.

An unknown user was trieing to login your GoDaddy account with an incorrect password on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 15:22 GMT, and with an unknown DNS IP Location:
(United States) IP=203.111.81.203, as a result of that we partially blocked your GoDaddy accounts due to major security protocols,

Kindly visit our GoDaddy account Re-Activation Center Click here:
LINK

We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience.
GoDaddy Customer Support."

1. I marked it bold - it's a mistake!
2. Didn't click the link - but logged on to my account and everything seems fine.

What do you think. Is it a fake?

Thanks, Nick

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The link in the post above goes to petersson soft dot se. Yes, it's a phish. Report it to Godaddy (forward to their abuse or security email.)

Even if the spelling's correct, never click on links in an email. Go to your account and log in manually.

Last edited:
•••
Forget godaddy emails links, if you stump with one simply visit godaddy and send them a email do not click in any links sent to you by email.

The reason is here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/mo...ins-erkz-com-and-4lq-com.841772/#post-4755150

I´ve also got a few emails:

Account Notice : Error 2867

Godaddy [email protected] under patria.timeweb.ru

Dear Valued GoDaddy Customer : Silvino Fernandes

Your account contains more than 3258 directories and may pose a potential performance risk to the server.
Please reduce the number of directories for your account to prevent possible account deactivation.
In order to prevent your account from being locked out we recommend that you create special (tmp) directory.

Or use the link below:
#link#

Sincerely.
GoDaddy Customer Support.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Copyright (c) 1999-2014 GoDaddy.com, LLC. All rights reserved.

•••
Thank you guys!
Link removed.

•••
We just received a similar email from that email address - [email protected].

That email look the same like all GoDaddy emails that we received in the past.
we saw a post about that scam and we asked GoDaddy support immediately about that email and they tell us they don't see it being sent out from them Although its look like they sent it. The true address has been masked.
We changed our password Immediately, no domain was hacked from our list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back