IT.COM

poll Facebook - Who is still holding out?

NameSilo
Watch

Do you still use Facebook?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm trying to figure out if I am one of the last hold outs.

I have never had a Facebook account and quite honestly will never consider getting one. My entire household is facebook free.

I find a lot of the commenting websites will use facebook to login and I cannot participate because I do not use facebook. I just shrug and move on to another website.

So I am wondering.... Am I the oddball out?
Anyone else here who has never had a facebook account?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never had a hacked facebook account, also I found it useful, because I found old friends and school classmates who I lost touch with.

•••
Today I deactivated my Facebook account.

•••
I use Facebook a lot.

Mainly for the group discussion.

I play a lot of team sports, Facebook is a great place for team group chat to share game schedules and know which players will miss a game and find a replacement.

Same thing for events. Its great to invite all participants in one group and everybody is aware of the plan. Its also nice to have the private photo album after the events available to group members only.

•••
I scrubbed all personal details from my FB and just use it to watch funny/stupid videos that my nearly 5k "Friends" post about. I mainly keep it because I have access to old apps and I am approved for the FB development platform and I don't want to have to re-apply.

I was 'holding out' in getting a Facebook account, and that was 2009. So in 2017 if you don't have one yet then that's quite the holdout you have going on there.

Twitter is where it's at!

•••
I've never had one so you're not alone.
I started with Twitter and just stuck with that.

•••
never thought about getting a fb account

fb is live backwards

when you feel so comfortable, about sharing your every move on social media

while at same time, thinking that you have rights to privacy.

something just ain't rite

snapchat this and instagram that

:)

imo...

•••
It's funny, I have Google+ and I feel ok about that, but somehow facebook is different. I use Google every day and gmail, google adsense, their office apps, everything makes my life easier.

Its a trade off, they get my info for free services.

I cannot think of any reason why I would want to give facebook all my personal data.

I read a story a while back where facebook said they wanted to become the worlds passport.

Yikes.... that scares me!!!!

•••
Facebook... is that like Facepalm but with a book?? must be very painful if you use a hardcover book....

•••
I read a story a while back where facebook said they wanted to become the worlds passport.

Yikes.... that scares me!!!!

they want to be all, for all -

one world, under zuckerberg

imo...

•••
•••
facebook.com sounds like a reg fee name. :)

Yeah man, seems it's taken though...some weird blue and white company... looks evil so I closed the window quickly :)

•••
i never wanted to have a facebook account. wound up having to "compromise" though in order to have a page for a devd domain/business... didn't want to risk setting it up as a page under a fake account and have issues later so against every fiber in my body i opened a personal account a few years ago solely to make creating a page for my biz possible. but i have never made pubic, shared, posted or friended anyone from my personal account and have no intention of doing so.

I DO have my full name as domain so figure that anyone who might want to "reconnnect" could find me easy enough if they bothered to search "outside" of FB doing a standard google search. If they can't do that then imo they are more interested in just expanding their FB "net" than they are actually making a direct connection with me.

Last edited:
•••
I don't have an account with them, except for a dummy one I created to follow a group.

•••
•••
I don't know if FaceBook was a hand reg name but it is a great and creative name for the purpose....

FaceBook is a book of faces, isn't it?

•••
Never had/wanted one.. I'm about to launch a property rental website... my dev says need one.. so I might get one just for the biz...

•••
I don't know if FaceBook was a hand reg name but it is a great and creative name for the purpose....

FaceBook is a book of faces, isn't it?

They were called TheFacebook.com and they later acquired facebook.com for 200k

•••
Recently I am noticing more and more businesses are not ranking #1 for their exact match domain, but rather found in positions 2-4 , below their Facebook and/or LinkedIn profiles.

This happens with Google, haven't checked with other search engines.

It could be a reason for a business to NOT have an FB account, unless they prefer to hand their organic traffic to them. I know I would want my visitors on my own website.

•••
I can top that, 59 years old, never had a facebook account, Never owned a "Cellphone"

•••
I can top that, 59 years old, never had a facebook account, Never owned a "Cellphone"

I can respect the facebook part but I am brokering a couple of deals today and I don't know how I would do it without my cell phone. I also have godaddy auctions on my phone and without it I would have to sit at my computer at all ungodly hours to win the bids.

•••
I use facebook for playing games all the time.

•••
•••
•••
I am proud to say that two years later I still have never had a facebook account.

My god it's hard though, some of the blog sites and newspaper sites have no other logon option than facebook. I end up not signing up and wondering if they are losing business with like minded people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back