NameSilo

Facebook launch SmartGlasses

Located in Niche Domain Discussion, started by mrcurly, Sep 9, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. mrcurly

mrcurly Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

Smart Glasses . com is owned by Rick Schwartz so that's not going to go cheap......

3. mrcurly

Agreed!

Facebook as we know is Mega Global, I bet even Aliens on Mars have Facebook Accounts, the 'SmartGlasses' term just hit new heights imo

4. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

Looks like it - see you got in with a buy of your own before the news broke :xf.smile:

It's not a niche I follow - Did you know FB was planning this?

5. mrcurly

I did research because I love the thought of going from a mobile to glasses, it makes perfect sense!

Although Facebook's new Smart Glasses don't have AR (YET!) I think AR is the direction they will be heading just like how Spectacles by SnapChat have evolved over a couple of years! They started off with Cameras etc......and their latest version is full on AR - www.spectacles.com

6. mrcurly

I did register lots of SmartGlasses domains a couple of years ago when everyone had, however since then I just let them drop :(

Just been looking to re-register some and all have been registered and listed for sale :(

My own fault for not holding when no news was about!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  7. Levi_charlz

Levi_charlz Top Contributor VIP

Hand Reg

SmartGlasses.eth

8. mrcurly

Nice :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  9. NameFu

NameFu Professional Design Services VIP

Are they really smart glasses?? They have absolutely nothing to do with AR. Technically they're even less "smart" than Google Glass, because at least Glass had AR features. This project is a step backwards, doing what Snap did 4 - 5 years ago. It's embarrassing...

I guess we will need to seperate the difference between Smart Glasses and AR Glasses if people are going to label this sort of thing as "smart"

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  10. NameFu

This reminds me of when scammy manufacturers throw a flashlight and speedometer on bike and market it as an "ebike".

We've had glasses with cameras and mics for AT LEAST 20 YEARS!! 😂 They were called spy glasses.

Zuck is a joke and this is why I don't take his "Metaverse" ambitions seriously either.

11. domainventure

domainventure Top Contributor VIP

I have Sharp//Glasses

in.com of course...

12. NameFu

People will find this incredibly creepy, because they're even more incognito than Snap's spectacles and Google Glass. They look like peeping Tom shades with a little recording light. People thought Glass was creepy and they were super obvious... But these are the creepiest spy shades I've ever seen! The point should be to make them look obvious that they're camera glasses, not to look like ordinary glasses becayse they're not. That's going to make a lot of people uncomfortable, even with the tiny lights...

13. mrcurly

Totally disagree! If people want to film people they can could use a secret camera or a gopro that have been out for years........even a mobile and pretend your reading messages when actually your filming someone! Negative people pick on anything to rubbish it, it's the start of a new revolution in tech, 10 years down the line nobody will care

14. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I agree with the creepy aspect.

No one likes a bunch of glassholes recording them, especially in an incognito manner.

Facebook is the last company I would want to be involved in a field dealing with people's privacy.

Brad

15. nononsense123

nononsense123 Established Member

No one except you is confused. Zuck explicitly mentioned these were NOT AR glasses.. hence the name smartglasses.. He's just using them as a stepping stone towards AR about which work is going on..(Project Aria)
    Also, I believe smart glasses will be very soon get replaced by AR glasses.. so Rick has a small window of opportunity to sell the domain. The long term trend is AR, not smart.. so the usual buy n hold strategy may backfire on him

16. NameFu

They're not smart glasses... Theyrthe same old camera glasses we've had for the last 20+ years. They're no more a stepping stone to AR than placing a flashlight on a bike is a stepping stone to ebikes. Stop falling for the marketing hype and think for your self.

17. mrcurly

Arguments a side, there are 2.85 billion facebook users and I'm sure they will soon know about Smart Glasses

18. wallet2it

wallet2it Deep Thinker @ DeepThink.org @ Learning.cc VIP

Facebook is one of the best companies to work for in the world :)

19. wallet2it

wallet2it Deep Thinker @ DeepThink.org @ Learning.cc VIP

Not 10 years….might be much closer than you think

20. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

I wonder whether all/most other screens such as monitors, TVs, laptops, smartphones, refrigerators, washing machines, watches, etc have their own camera and/or wireless placed in them not to be used by consumers (consumeds) and just to be used by whoever controls the whole system. (if so I think this is called iot, meaning we are all i(di)ot enough to accept it.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  21. Makbliss

Makbliss Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiasts VIP Gold Account

I own SmartGlasss .com :xf.cool:

22. mrcurly

23. mrcurly

24. olcayto

olcayto NameFree.net

I wish i didn't see this thread, it cost me to handreg SmartGlassez (in king) 😅

25. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

They must look like binoculars with blinkers installed on the side. Narrow focus lenses.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice