NameSilo

Fabulous.com drop process

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,I'm watching a Fabulous.com DN that expired the 1st of this month. What is the dropping process,how many days before it's drop? When do it go up for auction on Namejet? Can someone please explain whole process? Thank you for any info.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All .com domains go into Pending Delete 75 days after they expire, and drop on the 6th day after that, irrespective of the registrar.

Additionally for Fabulous they partner with either Snapnames or NameJet (I can't remember which one), and are put up for auction around day 35 (but check them out from day 35-45) in a Pre-Release Auction. If someone bids on the domain, the age of the domain is retained. If more than 1 persons bids, then a 3 day private auction between the bidders ensues.

The advantages of buying in this Pre-Release auction are 1) The age is retained, 2) you are not having to compete with all the drop catching sharks that circle around if a domain actually drops.

•••
They're partner with NameJet. Never heard of a pre-release auction. How long is a Pre-release Auction for?

All .com domains go into Pending Delete 75 days after they expire, and drop on the 6th day after that, irrespective of the registrar.

Additionally for Fabulous they partner with either Snapnames or NameJet (I can't remember which one), and are put up for auction around day 35 (but check them out from day 35-45) in a Pre-Release Auction. If someone bids on the domain, the age of the domain is retained. If more than 1 persons bids, then a 3 day private auction between the bidders ensues.

The advantages of buying in this Pre-Release auction are 1) The age is retained, 2) you are not having to compete with all the drop catching sharks that circle around if a domain actually drops.

•••
You win the domain outright if you are the only bidder. It goes to a 3 day auction if more than one bidder. This works exactly the same as Pending Delete Auction.

BTW: The Pre-Release Auction works the same at NameJet or SnapNames. These companies have relationships with particular registrars, who put their expiring domains up for auction (on about day 35 after expiry).

•••
When the auction start how long is the pre release auction?

You win the domain outright if you are the only bidder. It goes to a 3 day auction if more than one bidder. This works exactly the same as Pending Delete Auction.

BTW: The Pre-Release Auction works the same at NameJet or SnapNames. These companies have relationships with particular registrars, who put their expiring domains up for auction (on about day 35 after expiry).

•••
You can get that info if you read my previous posts. Hint: You even quoted the answer to your question.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back