IT.COM

tips ExpiredDomains.net tips

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sharing some of the filters that I use for Expireddomains in 2020.
Please feel free to add if you want share your secret sauce.

First create an account to be able to use all the features.
The default set up is fine but I like to get a brief idea about SV and CPC (search volume and cost per click), so I would like to add two columns for SV and CPC.

This you can do by going to Column Manager and chose Global SV and CPC
SV CPC.png

Once you add the column from here, you will see two new columns like the image below:

Search Volume.png

You can click the SG to sort the names by Search Volume..
Before sorting, make sure to chose the date filter if you are looking at deleted domains.
Chose domains added in the last 24 hours. It is in teh common TAB for filter

For Pending delete, I don't use the date filter.

If you don't want to add the column and only want to filter by CPC and SV, you can use the Adwords filter

Adwords.png

Here you can either use Adwords Global or Adwords USA
The data is not very accurate but you will get a fair idea.
You can use it with a combination of another tool. For quick research, I highly recommend "Surfer Plugin".
Go to Google Chrome store and search for Surfer.

It will give you the search volume and the CPC in the google search bar itself and you can change country on the fly to check volume in other countries, like Spanish words, French, German etc. Very very helpful

surfer.png

For GEO, you can set the minimum SV for USA.

If you are into GEO domains, there is the GEO filter as well
GEO.png

Another pattern that I like to use to find brandable made up names is the Pattern Filter:
In the allowlist you can enter patterns like CVCVCV, VCVCVC etc You can enter 30 patterns at a time. Pretty neat.

Pattern.png

How to Use RDT:

RDT is the Number of related domains column.

For registering alternate extensions like .co, .io, how many extensions a domain has been taken is of the most important criteria.

While there is a filter to set minimum criteria, you can also sort the result by RDT and get a fair idea if a name is popular or not.

Only problem is, the RDT takes into account all the domain names that has your name as a part of the domain name.
eg: A partial name like ing.co will be very popular because there are the hundreds of thousands of names ending in ing, or Americ.co because many names contain America and Americ even thoguh is partial shows up.

You can bulk search for the list of names with lots of RDT on DOTDB if you have paid plan.
For free plan, you open dotdb on a different window and do Alt+tab to find the total number taken.

If you click the Number on the RDT column, Expireddoimains will also show you all the related domains.
Now Partials also has some benefits.

If a name is Onlin.co, even if it will be taken in many names, it is useless
But if it the name is a common "suffix", then it is a also a great indicator that the domain is popular.

Sometimes you will see wild names with hundreds of related domains

say, the name is gijijiki.co and you see a ton of names that say gijijiki-fdfd gijijiki-636 gijijiki-city gijijiki-pure

or gfgfgf-gijijiki trtr-gijijiki etc then it is a popular names. See example below. If Ankga was a partial word, then it woiuld not have been useful

Angka.png

For SEO Domains

For doing the first filter for SEO domains, ED is the best.

You will see two columns called SEOKicks domainpop (DP) and Backlinks
The SEO Kicks DP is similar to the referring domains or AHREF's RD
If there are lots of backlinks and with very less DP, it is likely a spammed site
Like I said it is a good preliminary filter.

You will never find a deleted domain that is good for SEO.
So only check pending delete.
If a domain has decent DP (It is the third column after LE and BL), you can go and check https://ahrefs.com/backlink-checker to see if the backlinks are from Knowns good sites with decent DA.. You will also find that many forums have Good DA, but they are no good. If you l also see a lot of Japanese/Chinese links, the site has most likely been spammed.

Another colummn is the WPL which is the number of Links of Wikipedia.
English Wiki pages are useless. They will be dropped by the time you recreate the site or try to sell the domain.
Some sites have good links from Non-English wikipedia pages. Those pages will likely not drop the link,

I don't use Majestic too much, but if you already use Majestic, you will know what to use like CF, TF.

Feel free to add yours

I will add more as I remember. My alarm just rang for an Auction I am trying to snipe

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
great but how can i find out dictionary word or high performance domains

•••
great but how can i find out dictionary word or high performance domains

What do you mean? Can you be more specific.
If they are good and they are expired most of them they will certainly go into Auctions unless they are caught by Snap Names or some others that only do private auctions for those who backordered, otherwise 90% will go into Auctions. SO you simply go the marketplace tab and check.

Don't think that you will find very good domains free to reg if that is what you mean

•••
How can i find out dictionary word and geo domains

•••
How can i find out dictionary word and geo domains
He has already answered both of these - Read the original post for Geo domains and his reply to you about dictionary words.......

•••
Have learned something new today.

I believe I'll start seeing more quality names on ED.

•••
Have learned something new today.

I believe I'll start seeing more quality names on ED.

can you share what you will learn to how can i find good quality names..........................

•••
Expired Domains has been terrible lately. Impossible to find even average names. Looks like it's done..

•••
Expired Domains has been terrible lately. Impossible to find even average names. Looks like it's done..
That's a bummer. Any other free replacement?

•••
•••
•••
Thank you for sharing this advice. Do you check on Google to see if the site is indexed? Site:domainname.com ?

•••
Thank you for sharing this advice. Do you check on Google to see if the site is indexed? Site:domainname.com ?
Why do you need to see it site is indexed?

If you are buying for SEO, it is good to have, but easy to get them reindexed even otherwise

•••
For dictionary words, just go to Filter / Dictionary Word Domains and select English with 1 word min/max

•••
Hello, I Think your best bet with something like this .. is always going to be first and most importantly frontRunning the list... Your not going to get lucky and manage to find gold in something 100 days old... That list is not a unique entity to that site that only we know about it's every domain. So if a great domain expires... -> You want to be checking the list that hour that it goes public (i think it's a year after expiration or something liek that... im not entirely sure. but i know it comes out 2 pm my time... if your curious about yourself that was 2 hours ago from this post so you can calculate the time for your region) so if you filter to previous 12 hours first... -> your winning in 2 ways..

1. every second that passes ... more and more people register domains that expired on that day... so if you looking at the list months later you are going against thousands of bots and hundreds of thousands of human typeins...

Plus every member on this forum also shifting through.

2. When you check the same list daily... and the list is 300k long... You need to have a way to cut the fat out... Why look for a needle in a field of hay when you can limit it to one bail of hay.

when you limit to just the day before... your giving it your pass... but your not wasting time sorting through those same 50k names every single day.

Last edited:
•••
Hello, I Think your best bet with something like this .. is always going to be first and most importantly frontRunning the list... Your not going to get lucky and manage to find gold in something 100 days old... That list is not a unique entity to that site that only we know about it's every domain. So if a great domain expires... -> You want to be checking the list that hour that it goes public (i think it's a year after expiration or something liek that... im not entirely sure. but i know it comes out 2 pm my time... if your curious about yourself that was 2 hours ago from this post so you can calculate the time for your region) so if you filter to previous 12 hours first... -> your winning in 2 ways..

1. every second that passes ... more and more people register domains that expired on that day... so if you looking at the list months later you are going against thousands of bots and hundreds of thousands of human typeins...

Plus every member on this forum also shifting through.

2. When you check the same list daily... and the list is 300k long... You need to have a way to cut the fat out... Why look for a needle in a field of hay when you can limit it to one bail of hay.

when you limit to just the day before... your giving it your pass... but your not wasting time sorting through those same 50k names every single day.
If a domain isn't taken one hour after it dropped, rule says it's probably not worth my time.

But there are exceptions. Certain domains are good even months later. They just roll under the radar. I've regged such domains and sold in the past.

How about fresh handregs sold? Not meta related or anything. Just names you made up and sold for good pricing.

I'm also getting for example $2k offers on such handreg names that I decline, for the best of reasons - they are worth more and I know they will only increase in price and demand over the next few years.

Some buyers aren't wise enough to figure such names by themselves or with suggest tools, but good domainers can find such names. The buyers will discover them via searches on Afternic for example.

So it depends. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Edit: @blogspotter is very good at finding such gold gems, so yes he knows what he's been talking about.

Last edited:
•••
If a domain isn't taken one hour after it dropped, rule says it's probably not worth my time.

But there are exceptions. Certain domains are good even months later. They just roll under the radar. I've regged such domains and sold in the past.

How about fresh handregs sold? Not meta related or anything. Just names you made up and sold for good pricing. I'm getting for example $2k offers on such handreg names that I decline, for the best of reasons - they are worth more and I know they will only increase in price and demand over the next few years.

Some buyers aren't wise enough to figure such names by themselves or with suggest tools, but good domainers can find such names. The buyers will discover them via searches on Afternic for example.

So it depends. One man's junk is another man's treasure.
Yea of course... it's just like this...

when your programming.. if you have a bug your cant find... One of the best things you can do ... (in my opinion) Is disable 1/2 of your code... (Obviously it's not as simple as just hovering over half the page and and deleting it) But you know if this part is working then the bugs not there... then when you find the part that still gives you an error. You break down that one specific module further...

okay the datas coming in correctly... Im formating the data correctly ... okay that leaves the my outgoing request object... so then you look into that -> okay my api key is working my this is working... ohh okay I forgot a " here ..

it's not a 1:1 relation but it's the same idea where your not going to be able to effectively get through a list of 400k domains in a day. so your going to have to start over tomorrow.

•••
Yea of course... it's just like this...

when your programming.. if you have a bug your cant find... One of the best things you can do ... (in my opinion) Is disable 1/2 of your code... (Obviously it's not as simple as just hovering over half the page and and deleting it) But you know if this part is working then the bugs not there... then when you find the part that still gives you an error. You break down that one specific module further...

okay the datas coming in correctly... Im formating the data correctly ... okay that leaves the my outgoing request object... so then you look into that -> okay my api key is working my this is working... ohh okay I forgot a " here ..

it's not a 1:1 relation but it's the same idea where your not going to be able to effectively get through a list of 400k domains in a day. so your going to have to start over tomorrow.
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

If you think anyone is going through a list of 400k domains, you have missed the point of this entire thread.

Edit: you always use parameters such as tlds etc, hints, and experience to minimize the search and pinpoint at what is worth looking at.

Last edited:
•••
My poin
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

If you think anyone is going through a list of 400k domains, you have missed the point of this entire thread.

Edit: you always use parameters such as tlds etc, hints, and experience to minimize the search and pinpoint at what is worth looking at.
Just saying that expired age is probably my favorite limiter becuase it doesnt matter how many filters you put on if your looking at a list of every domain that droped in the past 5 years...

Last edited:
•••
My poin

Just saying that expired age is probably my favorite limiter becuase it doesnt matter how many filters you put on if your looking at a list of every domain that droped in the past 5 years...
That's alright.

Everyone has their own criteria for domains. And being expired for too long is indeed a strong hint that domain is a dud. I was just saying there are exceptions of course. Perhaps I misinterpreted at least in part your responses.

As for looking at every domain that dropped, nobody does that. For the sole reason it's not possible. There will be millions of domains in that category.

You just get some ideas and follow them that pinpoint to a particular, small subset of domains to look at, certain types, certain niches and parameters etc. - based on your particular skills and domaining experience.

•••
Back