NameSilo

Expired Foreign Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I found an expired european language subject-type domain, that has when typing the name incl. extension in Google, 1000 results, 20 in the past 3 months and over 300 of those in the past 6 months.

I see 2 issues here:

1 - European language - not sure my English Sedo pages would quite get the clicks, although the world over net-surfers speak plenty of English
2 - It's a .org domain, but because it has expired, I'm pretty sure they won't want it back.

With the Google results above and bearing in mind it's non-English, do you think its definately worth getting for the traffic hits alone?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes it is. If you only want it for the hits.

•••
Absolutely, unless the extremely controversial and/or legally risky. You could also try partnerring up with someone who is fluent in the language...

Rob

•••
Please update if you acquire it ;).

•••
Hello Sooty,

Sedo's parking program offers language targeted and geo-targeted advertisements. Therefore, when advertisements are available, a visitor from a non-English speaking region will see advertisements in their language. This helps generate targeted clicks. Sedo also currently has landing pages in 6 different languages, soon to be 20!

If you have not made your decision yet I hope this helps!

Mara

Key Account Manager
US Marketing Associate
[email protected]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back