IT.COM

Expire Domain..wanna buy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My friend has a domain that is expiring on April 7, 2006 that he is not renewing. Can i buy that domain on April 8, 2006? Is it open to buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
snike said:
My friend has a domain that is expiring on April 7, 2006 that he is not renewing. Can i buy that domain on April 8, 2006? Is it open to buy?

Why don't you buy it from him now and then have him transfer the name into your account. You will also have to add in the renewal fee.

•••
Yes, transferring before it expires is the way to go or you'll have to wait for the expiring process (could be 2-3 months) and then compete with other domain hunters.

•••
yeah i wouldn't wait, some people might take the domain and you'll have to wait another year.

•••
When it expires, it's usally a 45-90 day waiting period for it to be back in the 'wild', that is if someone didn't backorder it.

:)

•••
ok thank you everyone!

What is free domain credit? How can i use it?
and
how does Rep work? lets say a person has only 2 rep points can he give 10 reps away?

•••
yeah just buy it from him straight n u renew it

•••
After a domain expires it takes over 41 days before you can purchase

•••
AeonDomains.com said:
After a domain expires it takes over 41 days before you can purchase

whats the exact number of days ? does anyone know ?

•••
aLeeOnline said:
whats the exact number of days ? does anyone know ?
PENDINGDELETE
These domains will be made available within the next 6 days.
REDEMPTIONPERIOD
These domains will be made available within the next 31 days.
REGISTRAR-HOLD
These domains are anywhere from 37 to 82 days from expiring. Not all domains in REGISTRAR-HOLD will be expiring.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back