NameSilo

§ex.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
would this kind of domain have a real value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't imagine many people typing that in somehow...

•••
Worthless IMHO. Not even reg fee. :td:

•••
I agree. If people can't type that in (I don't even know what language that's supposed to be in) then there probably isn't any value. Stick to real words! Park this and see if there's any traffic... I have had some surprising results with IDNs that I really thought were not going to get traffic but I decided to buy anyways.

•••
Wikipedia said:
The section sign (§; Unicode U+00A7, HTML entity §) is a typographical character used mainly to refer to a particular section of a document, such as a legal code. It is frequently used along with the pilcrow (¶), or paragraph sign. When duplicated, as §§, it is read as the plural "sections" (§§ 13–21), much as pp. is the plural of p..

Worthless sorry man.

•••
i didnt regged it, i think its already regged. i was just wonderin what could we do with all these symbols lol

•••
well...
I own ѕex.tv (idn : http://xn--ex-doc.tv) and it got 70 visits in 48 hours just from the moment I've regged it...
I'm recieving nice traffic and rev for it up untill now :hehe:
But your "s" symbol is not familier to me, sorry man :td:

•••
DoubleClick said:
well...
I own ѕex.tv (idn : http://xn--ex-doc.tv) and it got 70 visits in 48 hours just from the moment I've regged it...
I'm recieving nice traffic and rev for it up untill now :hehe:
But your "s" symbol is not familier to me, sorry man :td:

Just wait until IE7 is the most used browser! :). That's a keeper for sure.

•••
Fka200 said:

what u mean? does IE correct things?

•••
cchaal said:
what u mean? does IE correct things?

People without IE7 or Firefox cannot access your website now. When IE7 becomes standard, the value of IDNs will be very similar to those of current ASCII prices only because there will be all-around browser support. Automatic updates for certain languages have not taken place yet!

For example,

If you have an IDN that means something in a language, it would be almost equivalent to the ASCII value... except that the IDNs purpose is to target a specific audience. Like Cars.com can cover English speaking countries just fine, but people in the Middle East don't have much of an idea what a "car" is. So, instead, they can use سيارات.com (Cars.com in Arabic). The same goes for other languages. IDNs open up a whole new internet experience for people. Hope I made sense.

•••
Fka200 said:

:$: :$: :$:

:hehe:

•••
Fka200 said:

Do you really think people will switch over to IE7 from Firefox? :lol:

20050215-get-firefox.jpg

viva_firefox_eats_ie.jpeg

•••
del.icio.us said:
Do you really think people will switch over to IE7 from Firefox? :lol:

Not necessarily in the Western world, but definitely in other parts of the world yes. Either way, it doesn't matter. With IDNs Firefox, IE7, Opera, Safari... it's all $$$ to me :)

IE6 is the standard now, there is no doubt about it (WORLDWIDE), but in the future those with IE6 will either switch to FF or IE7... BOTH IDN COMPATIBLE... which is good.

EDIT: Didn't realize I said most used... LOL. I meant standard***

•••
For others info i sold my idn of sex.com for $200
Expect $xxx.
(Make sure that s is on IDN keyboards, else useless)

•••
montsa007 said:
For others info i sold my idn of sex.com for $200
Expect $xxx.
(Make sure that s is on IDN keyboards, else useless)

There's no such thing as IDN keyboards, but instead to make sure the key is available on the keyboard of another language :). What you said is somewhat understandable though, just want to clarify!

Phonetic-Russian-keyboard-German.gif

Kinda like that (picture of a Russian keyboard).

•••
If its not available on the keyboards, its waste IMO
Lol, nise pikture :D

•••
I agree with the others. It looks really attractive, but more than half of us don't know how to come up with that symbol using our keyboards...:/

•••
dezinerite said:
I agree with the others. It looks really attractive, but more than half of us don't know how to come up with that symbol using our keyboards...:/

With IDNs I hate to say it, but it doesn't matter if you can access the site or not. The only thing that matters is the audience that you are tar getting can access the site.

Let's say you want to start a car company and want to target only the Japanese market. You can get Cars.JP (in Japanese of course) and create a website. If someone in the Netherlands can't access your site, who cares. This is what makes IDNs look bad, but if you REALLY think about it, if you can't speak Japanese, would you have ever visited the site anyways? Probably not. Now the money comes where there is a HUGE potential targeted audience. If you can grab the big keywords in the major languages ( Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Etc.) then you did very well. You can still dig deep enough and find some left overs (I just found 5 REALLY good IDNs available 2 weeks ago which have received steady traffic).

Fweef. Hope I made some sort of sense. Always good to clear things up.

•••
no real value on it, i won't say worthless but it gets close to it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back