Dynadot

Ever find yourself guilty?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Ever find yourself guiltly of clicking other we masters ad such as Adsense because you know it helps them generate income.. I just caught myself doing so on a parked page that I landed on.. First time ever that I did such on purpose.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you aware that every time you "help" one of these webmasters you also HURT the advertiser who's paying for those clicks?

Adsense publishers often complain about low CPC and accuse Google of "cheating" because they get paid less than what they see on those "high priced keyword" lists.

Most advertisers bid less on the display network (Adsense), opt out of dodgy categories (like "make money" type sites), opt out of display altogether, or go with CPM pricing because this and similar types of activity (among other things) makes it unprofitable for them to run a direct-response campaign there. The big budget advertisers are almost certainly using conversion tracking and have a team of people monitoring their campaign - if a site is performing poorly ("helpful" clicks don't convert) google will smartprice the site owner's account. If it's noticeable enough to raises suspicions, the advertiser will block it.... and possibly report it to Google for fraudulent click activity.

Just pointing out that this kind of short-term "help" is really not doing the site owner any favors long term!

Last edited:
•••
Very well said enlytend! But I must admit that I did this once as well. I quickly realized that I was at fault and I never did it again. You simply stated the fact enlytend, hope this thing won't happen again for the sake of everybody.

Zidane

•••
I am finally starting to get into Adsense. What took me so long is the fact that I have never, not once, clicked on an Adsense or Adbrite or any of the other text ads. I find them ugly and often irrelevant for the information I need. That aside now that I understand the metrics of how the programs work (how everyone makes money) I would find it very foolish to click others ads. Yes it does sound helpful. However I am not fully convinced of the longevity of these programs and what their future format would be. I am still new but I see Google and webmasters making the most money, not advertisers. The only reasons I am entering is the low cost to entry and the money to be made. It's good to hear though your intentions are looking out for others in your community. I like it. :)

•••
I am finally starting to get into Adsense. What took me so long is the fact that I have never, not once, clicked on an Adsense or Adbrite or any of the other text ads. I find them ugly and often irrelevant for the information I need. That aside now that I understand the metrics of how the programs work (how everyone makes money) I would find it very foolish to click others ads. Yes it does sound helpful. However I am not fully convinced of the longevity of these programs and what their future format would be. I am still new but I see Google and webmasters making the most money, not advertisers. The only reasons I am entering is the low cost to entry and the money to be made. It's good to hear though your intentions are looking out for others in your community. I like it. :)

If all that is the case, What makes you think any one will want to click your ads????

Once you enter the contextual advertising industry, do your home work. Ad placement, Colors, masking and ect is every thing as to how well you will do on the platform provided to you.

Contextual advertising in general has slowly played out. There is still some change to be made in it. But is playing out by the day.

If i see an ad that peaks my interest, No matter rather i follow the link from a sig here at NamePros, or what ever the case may be, If it peaks my interest, I will click on it, And with out guilt. That is why the people that are paying per click are doing so.

It may turn out that i may just bounce off the page, Or if i like what i see, I may pursue the website.

The question is. Have i ever intentionally clicked an ad from a friends page, Yes i have, But the ad peaked my interest. Once i got to the re direct of the ad. It all depends on what it is from there as to rather i am going stay or leave.

It is no different for any one that finds the ad on Google IMO.

It goes both ways, Some of the advertisers make you think they are offering some thing they are not. When that is the case, It just cost them money for trying to deceive a person with a inaccurate ad. The advertiser is mad, They just lost from .05 to $1. To bad so sad. Place an accurate ad and it might convert, Place a deceiving inaccurate ad and it will hit hard in pocket book.

That is why they say "Surf The Internet" I do, and a lot. looking for cool things. When i see a ad that peaks my interest, I click it and surf. The conversion for the advertiser all depends if it is a legit deal, Or if i want to pursue the service or ect they are offering.

Average web surfers that don't have a clue that those little ad boxes on the side cost money, most likely click the crap out of them. They are surfing, looking and enjoying the net. advertisers in a lot of cases have always spent much more on advertising than making conversions from their ad. That is the main reason that contextual adverting is playing itself out. In a perfect world, an advertiser would have a 70% conversion rate. The world is very far from perfect.

Last edited:
•••
If all that is the case, What makes you think any one will want to click your ads????

If i see an ad that peaks my interest, No matter rather i follow the link from a sig here at NamePros, or what ever the case may be, If it peaks my interest, I will click on it, And with out guilt. That is why the people that are paying per click are doing so.

It may turn out that i may just bounce off the page, Or if i like what i see, I may pursue the website.

The question is. Have i ever intentionally clicked an ad from a friends page, Yes i have, But the ad peaked my interest. Once i got to the re direct of the ad. It all depends on what it is from there as to rather i am going stay or leave.

Thanks for the information. I did not elaborate enough to articulate that I would not click them or hope others would not click them because they know I would get money by clicking them.

You are right, I want people to click them, just as the OP does because they are interested or as you say, just surfing. Some bounce and some buy.

Now that I have more experience with this service, I am discovering how relevant these ads are and recently I have clicked on Adsense ads of other users, because they were interesting and relevant.

Great points.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back